Archived Two of the most hilarious attempts to save payroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

talan123

Team Member/Troll
I really had to laugh when I found out about these were either being tested in my store or for some insane reason they decided to do them on their own.

1.) Get rid of research.
Yes, you read that right. They apparently stopped researching large parts of the store in order to save payroll. They must have figured that the accumulator was god and we were peons who were always wrong. It didn't work out the way they wanted it to in the end because half the store was empty on the salesfloor.

We had a visit from somebody up high. He scanned one area that had outs, this case being distilled water. While the sales-floor was empty and in desperate need of some, the backroom had 24 of them and they were not even being pulled.

Result?
The higher up stopped the visit after half an hour because of all the outs.

2.) They vastly expanded the duties of the people in the cafe.
They wanted the cafe people to take charge of the one spot and part of softlines. Now of course that is impossible because the laws of physics on the non-quantum level don't let that happen because you cannot be in two places doing two things at once.

Result?
Every single person in that area has quit with two exceptions so now the cafe is operating at vastly reduced hours because Target doesn't want full time employees that are hourly and training is too much of a cost burden (they let one of them close down the area for a month before somebody discovered that they had no clue in what they were doing). They would rather close an area of the store down rather than spend the payroll to make the job tolerable enough to hire/trick people into doing it.

I'm certain you have already figured this out Talen but your store's management team sucks on ice.
I mean seriously, just how can they get away with being that bad?
Even by Spot standards?

I think it's the location.

Since 2008 all the management that lived here permanently was either terminated or quit in disgust so all we have left are the ones who are willing to transfer.

Last time it took 3 months to find a us an STL, we had to keep borrowing other stores and the sixty to seventy mile drive really grinds on people.

We don't do research either. We just EXF the entire (!) store. But since we don't have the payroll for anyone to push these massive EXF's, (because no one will pull stuff that's heavy or high) it just sits on the line for three days.

I thought it was not legal for cafe tms to to work the one spot/salesfloor while on duty in the cafe,did I pick that up wroung,thought it was a health and safety issue.

as long as they wash their hands when returning it's still 'legal'

I don't think it's all practical, but that's another story

Other team members come from other areas of the store to give breaks - why would it matter as long as they put on a hat and apron, and wash their hands?

We don't do research either. We just EXF the entire (!) store. But since we don't have the payroll for anyone to push these massive EXF's, (because no one will pull stuff that's heavy or high) it just sits on the line for three days.

That's unbelievable! Your counts are going to be so screwed up!

This subject is completely in the forefront for our store this week. This week at my store they hacked our hours down to almost nothing. The least we ever close with in HL is a TL and two TM. This week its either two TM and no TL or 1TL and 1TM to divide all of hardlines closing tasks which leads to being kept late with a less than acceptable zone. Correct me if Im wrong but keeping the closing crew (7-8 people) an hour after close is the same as having a third TM on the floor and getting out on time.

I can't wait until tomorrow night when they think I'm going to stay late, nope, out on time and don't give a **** what it looks like.

I can't wait until tomorrow night when they think I'm going to stay late, nope, out on time and don't give a **** what it looks like.
Hopefully they at least work on the reshop for you guys. We walked into multiple full carts for every department. I told ETL-HL today that if theyre gonna expect us to perform with no help they need to put forth more effort of setting us up in the daytime. Seemed to agree with me. Well see. BTW next week apparently is still in edit with alot more hours for us...so theres some relief.

They've been hitting us pretty hard on pay roll because the Flow team has been such a sponge for hours. We'd get a 1300 piece truck and it takes 14 team members until 1:30 to push it all. Great, I have to work my ass off on weekends because certain TMs want to hold freight.

Cafe isnt even in line of sight of 1spot and softlines at my store! Wow...

Our store is built really really strangely. In the middle of it, they decided that they had spent enough money and just chopped part of the store off and re-arranged a lot of things. Our "Beauty Aids" and our Health products are not even in the same half of the store. If you want make up remover then we have it one corner of the store while the other side has fingernail polish remover. I tried for years to set up some kind of mini-beauty product over in electronics but apparently that was not brand or something.

Our store is built really really strangely. In the middle of it, they decided that they had spent enough money and just chopped part of the store off and re-arranged a lot of things. Our "Beauty Aids" and our Health products are not even in the same half of the store. If you want make up remover then we have it one corner of the store while the other side has fingernail polish remover. I tried for years to set up some kind of mini-beauty product over in electronics but apparently that was not brand or something.

Luggage area should have wire bins & you put some stuff there.

This subject is completely in the forefront for our store this week. This week at my store they hacked our hours down to almost nothing. The least we ever close with in HL is a TL and two TM. This week its either two TM and no TL or 1TL and 1TM to divide all of hardlines closing tasks which leads to being kept late with a less than acceptable zone. Correct me if Im wrong but keeping the closing crew (7-8 people) an hour after close is the same as having a third TM on the floor and getting out on time.

I always love how the closing team is the one who gets shafted the most when it comes to hours cut. Opening is so much better than closing. I despise closing with every fiber of my being. My schedule got switched around so im closing like 4 nights a week now. 2 In backroom 2 in pfresh. Pfresh sucks because nobody else is on the floor for salesfloor so I pretty much have to backup and help guests from every adjacent department. Oh and zone all of market, and half the times am asked to do reshop.

I always love how the closing team is the one who gets shafted the most when it comes to hours cut. Opening is so much better than closing. I despise closing with every fiber of my being. My schedule got switched around so im closing like 4 nights a week now. 2 In backroom 2 in pfresh. Pfresh sucks because nobody else is on the floor for salesfloor so I pretty much have to backup and help guests from every adjacent department. Oh and zone all of market, and half the times am asked to do reshop.

There's also the fact that they do everything in their power to rush you out, desperately trying to get you to leave before your shift is scheduled to be over. I actually like closing, but I hate that there are pretty consistent patterns where sometimes I'll get all my hours and sometimes I'll be missing up to half an hour from each closing shift.

I completely loath closing. Aside from the fact that your the only shift that has no choice but to stay until they decide to let you go, I hate that Im reduced down to only being able to zone and do reshop for the majority if not the entirety of my shift. Not looking down on those responsibilities by any means but when I have reviews, salesplanners, message boards, etc. that need to get done...getting stuck doing TM tasks is infuriating.

Not looking down on those responsibilities by any means but when I have reviews, salesplanners, message boards, etc. that need to get done...getting stuck doing TM tasks is infuriating.

it's all just work, doesn't really matter and you get paid the same.

not sure I'd call those tasks team member tasks only, like it's a menial thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back