Archived ULV Hardlines Routines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I was hoping you might be able to help me out. While my store is technically not ULV, we're close and we're currently dealing with very limited resources in terms of hours and sales floor coverage. I have a good grasp on SL but not HL.

From those of you in ULV stores, what are some routines you have to maintain hardlines? How are your hardlines team member scheduled? What kinds of daily routines and closing routines do you have?

Last edited:
Step 1. Look at the schedule.
Step 2, 3, 4.
7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

Sorry I don't work in ULV. Anyone else got advice?

I work in a C volume GM store. We've found that when hardlines is low on people, it's best have the closing hardlines team members wave zone. More stuff gets done that way for some reason. Banging your head against a locker for the duration of your 30 helps too.

2 mid hardline mids 10-5, 3 or 4 hardline closers(including electronics).
Routines including doing reshop and zoning........
Ima be honest Hardlines is VERY basic work, the only hard part is dealing with guests and the fact that everything you do will be ruined within that same hour. Ive done 1 hardlines shift. I was extremely bored and told off some guests who walked into my aisle got next to me, picked several items from the section I just zoned and then proceeded to toss the items after looking at them for .05 seconds into the section I was in.

Are you in a ULV store?! We generally have 2 - 3 hardlines closers (electronics included) and 1 mid (2 mid on a good day) and we're not technically considered ULV as of right now.

It's not that our team finds the work in hardlines difficult in of itself, but that they're struggling with the amount of work to maintain zone/reshop in all areas due to the limited coverage.

I think they're fully capable of doing so successfully, but simply need better scheduling and routines. Of course more hours would help too, but gotta focus on the things we can actually control ;)
Yes, I am at an ULV store. Store hours are dropping next week, so I am sure that we will have less people on salesfloor soon.

I work in a SuperTarget and we generally have 3 closers in hardlines except for some Sundays when myTime thinks we should only have 2 closers in hardlines... but usually there is a call in somewhere and most nights we have 2 closers in hardlines due to moving folks to grocery etc.... but in all reality, we spend so much time on the lanes due to epic fail myTime and the numerous cashier call ins.... so zoning isn't like it used to be most nights...

Ima be honest Hardlines is VERY basic work, the only hard part is dealing with guests and the fact that everything you do will be ruined within that same hour. Ive done 1 hardlines shift. I was extremely bored and told off some guests who walked into my aisle got next to me, picked several items from the section I just zoned and then proceeded to toss the items after looking at them for .05 seconds into the section I was in.

3-4 hardlines closers is ULV?

Then where the shit is my A level store hours we have 3-4 closers

One Sunday night recently. we didn't do any zone, just pulls which were completed as the last announcement went out at 10:00 indicating the store was closed and then did some reshop.... we left the store at 11:30 and had we been required to zone, we would have been there til 1:30 or 2 a.m.

Step 1. Look at the schedule.
Step 2, 3, 4.
7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

Sorry I don't work in ULV. Anyone else got advice?

Even my A+ has days like this.

@salesfloor10 and others, a little help here?

Awh I feel special now! Thanks for the shout out hahaha!

When I was in Hardlines I would schedule TMs 10am-2pm shifts, when I had hours. Electronics TMs always worked 8-4:30 and the closer 4:30-10:15. I could usually count on having 1 HL mid, an electronics TM, 1 SL TM, and 1 person in pfresh. Now that my time has come out I'm not familiar with the scheduling/hours allocation (and various other changes in sales floor processes in my store).

As for TL routines, I only ever ended up balancing Hardlines and consumables. For Hardlines I spent time merchandising clearance (usually weds/thurs-the big HL price change days), flexing d-code after POG sets, and setting broken endcaps. For pfresh, I would follow up with the TM on filling the floor, getting milk/pfresh order written/submitted, and getting set up for the truck (then working FDC). Wednesday and Thursdays I would end up spending part of each day writing schedule, which took forever with guest driven scheduling. I never really got a good routine around PTM, but found it helpful to pull the backroom item detail report (especially for toys) and pulling discontinued items to flex in the aisles. During big seasonal sets (BTS, Halloween, Christmas) I would spend a pretty good amount of time flexing and filling the area as well.
(At the time I was also working 2-3 LOD shifts a week, so I didn't have a ton of time in my departments).

Dunno, ask MyTime.

Dunno, ask MyTime.

MyTime's Answer:
autos are 120 hours
flow is 360 hours
backroom coverage is 90 hours
cashiers are 400 hours

Store gets 1000 hours, so that means salesfloor is screwed!

Dunno, ask MyTime.

MyTime's Answer:
autos are 120 hours
flow is 360 hours
backroom coverage is 90 hours
cashiers are 400 hours

Store gets 1000 hours, so that means salesfloor is screwed!
Who needs a Salesfloor team anyways? Lets just cut salesfloor hour completely, add salesfloor task to the flow and backroom team. OH!!! and we can cut flows hours to save payroll for the day before a visit.

Who needs a Salesfloor team anyways? Lets just cut salesfloor hour completely, add salesfloor task to the flow and backroom team. OH!!! and we can cut flows hours to save payroll for the day before a visit.

Regional Director is coming to the store for the first time ever? Add 450 hours of payroll so it looks AMAZING for the 12 minutes, 27 seconds he's in the store :smh

Do not be afraid to pull a softlines team member to help out in hardlines, schedule permitting of course. We usually have ours help out in domestics whenever they're caught up or ahead on their work and hardlines is falling behind. They don't mind it because it's a quiet department and usually isn't terrible, but it's also a lifesaver for the hardlines team.

The SLTMs in my store DO NOT like to be pulled for hardlines, because softlines is never "ahead" or even caught up, so everything is a mess and there's shit all over the floor all over RTW and girls. It sucks. My store usually has 1-2 closers in hardlines (plus 1 in electronics), and 2 in softlines. We also usually only have 2 cashiers after 5, so most of our non-cashier TMs spend a lot of time back up cashing. Tonight we had five full carts of unsorted reshop at guest service because everything is such a mess.

Oh wow. Goes to show how different stores can be. It seems like MyTime is allocating almost ALL our sales floor hours to softlines. As a result we have an extra 1 or 2 team members in softlines, and 1 or 2 short in hardlines.

We're just short everywhere (except electronics and guest service, I guess). Softlines barely got their zone done tonight, and hardlines had 6 carts of reshop to push and definitely did not finish their zone. I pushed a cart of reshop after the lanes slowed down (around 9:30, we close at 10), and I found reshop EVERYWHERE. We have one GSA who I guess nominated herself the jewelry captain, because she's the only person I ever see working over there. Otherwise, jewelry never gets touched, except to get things off the floor. Either the GSA or a cashier will try to zone girls and maybe boys (immediately across from the checklanes), but sometimes we're too busy and then softlines has to stretch themselves thinner to try to get it all done. MyTime was supposed to schedule fewer cashiers and more salesfloor, but we're still shorthanded every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back