Archived unauthorized locker entry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our locker key stopped working randomly so we use the screwdriver method to get in. The last 4 out of 5 times a TM has asked me to pop their locker, I asked them to put their code in just one more time. BOOM worked.

I don't get what the problem was before.

Legally Target can open any locker they want. It's their property. Much like a school can search student lockers whenever they want. It's shitty that they had some random person cleaning lockers and didn't tell anyone, but they broke no laws.

If we are going by policy, AP are the only people in the store that can open lockers. Your bags can also be searched and receipt checked when exiting the store, so be mindful of that.

I don't see the sense in those tiny 1' x 1' lockers - haven't used one yet. My wallet is in one pocket, my phone in the other and my lunch goes in the fridge.

Why do I need a munchkin's locker?

Legally Target can open any locker they want. It's their property. Much like a school can search student lockers whenever they want. It's shitty that they had some random person cleaning lockers and didn't tell anyone, but they broke no laws.

If we are going by policy, AP are the only people in the store that can open lockers. Your bags can also be searched and receipt checked when exiting the store, so be mindful of that.
There's breaking no laws in checking for theft, and then there is randomly deciding to clean during work hours without notice not by ap or a key carrier. I bet if you pushed they would lose. No due cause, plus relockibg then prevents you from accessing your stuff without waiting. That's a dangerous grey area between preventing access and theft.

Good luck if you can get the locker open! We have ongoing issues with stuck doors. Took 5 people, a scissors, 2 different sized screw drivers to get mine open one day. Somebody finally banged the crap out of it, warped the door permanently, but I finally had access to my stuff. A mere 30 minutes of wasted time and I'm not the only one it has happened to. Somebody will put up a sticky note telling others not to use the locker, but they fall off and in a few days, we're going through this again. I know mine hasn't been checked. We never have enough cups in the break room and if I don't get some water during break, I get terribly dehydrated. So I keep an extra cup in my locker just in case. To my knowledge, it's never been touched. I just hope I'm right. The idea that somebody's grubby hands were on it really bothers me. Hygiene just doesn't seem to be a priority among many of our TMs.

Why is it necessary to carry a purse to work?

I have to keep medications in my bag in the lockers. I wouldn't like someone having access to it.

I have said, no issue with AP or an ETL going in, NOT a random TM. That is an invasion and asking for them to be accused of theft.

At the store I'm at now they realized that the electronic lockers weren't working properly. You could go to any locker, type in a bunch of random numbers, and they would unlock no matter what. Needless to say no one uses them and I don't think they have even attempted to fix the problem. It's scary that a random employee can just go into your locker and nose around.

At the store I'm at now they realized that the electronic lockers weren't working properly. You could go to any locker, type in a bunch of random numbers, and they would unlock no matter what. Needless to say no one uses them and I don't think they have even attempted to fix the problem. It's scary that a random employee can just go into your locker and nose around.
Tagged the locker with a note taped to it. Don't use!

Did they lose the master key that's supposed to be used for that? Seems like a shitty solution, especially if the lockers are insecure enough that any moron with a screwdriver could break in and take what they please. The ETL-HR at my store had an electronic key for the keypad lockers and a physical one for the ones that took coins.
the electronic key was lost a few years ago and never replaced. We got a few new locks two years ago for a couple of the lockers but they never worked. and they didn't order an electronic key for them. - Idiots.

Our locker key stopped working randomly so we use the screwdriver method to get in. The last 4 out of 5 times a TM has asked me to pop their locker, I asked them to put their code in just one more time. BOOM worked.

I don't get what the problem was before.

9-volt battery should resolve that. Same with the locker keypad.

SFT said it took 2 batteries for the new locks they got and he couldn't be bothered doing it. - I don't think he could ever be bothered doing much of anything unless it was an emergency situation.

SFT said it took 2 batteries for the new locks they got and he couldn't be bothered doing it. - I don't think he could ever be bothered doing much of anything unless it was an emergency situation.
That is when you grab the red tag, saying don't use tag. I have done it a few times to fix things.

I never saw a tag that said Don't use - but that would be pretty damn useful. I would have put them all over the place

So, the lockers are really for the women. This, I can understand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back