Archived Unexpected training...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm a hardlines TM, have been for awhile. I've never mentioned interest in being trained elsewhere and no one has ever mentioned to me that I'm up for being cross-trained. Out of nowhere "logistics training" popped up on the upcoming schedule for me. That's back room, right? Is it normal for no one to tell you this is happening?

(Also this is my first post, hey y'all)

So I'm a hardlines TM, have been for awhile. I've never mentioned interest in being trained elsewhere and no one has ever mentioned to me that I'm up for being cross-trained. Out of nowhere "logistics training" popped up on the upcoming schedule for me. That's back room, right? Is it normal for no one to tell you this is happening?

(Also this is my first post, hey y'all)
Yes it's perfectly normal. Happens all the time at my store. When you got hired you agreeded to work differnt departments.

100% normal. You're actually lucky you got scheduled. My store doesn't use that fancy "training section" to alert people to their job duties.

I so wish my store did this. Many of our TMs would kill for more cross training, or any at all. Consider yourself lucky.

It could also mean that this is where they stole the hours from to pay you. That would be more likely at my store.
Mine doesn't do that, we just use overall hours. So, for instance, if Front End has 600 allotted, BR 200, and they want 220 for the BR, I'm only using 580. Unfortunately, the number is usually much higher than that.

This time of year, my store uses that on the schedule for TMs who are being designated to specifically work in toys (mostly working pulls/reshop and helping guests).

This time of year, my store uses that on the schedule for TMs who are being designated to specifically work in toys (mostly working pulls/reshop and helping guests).

Same here. We use it for another store process along with other "training" work centers.

if I were you (OP) ask your team lead what logistics training is.

Yeah at my store they usually schedule people in logistic training for inventory prep or sometimes schedule people under projects if a certain area needs more hours.

Everyone's guesses were wrong! I'm getting trained in receiving :)

Check with your TL or ETL if there is any unique scheduling. Its possible that they are scheduling hours from another area to work hardlines.

Everyone's guesses were wrong! I'm getting trained in receiving :)

That's a good thing. Even some of our store TLs really don't know how to receive (had to remind one during the FDC that a palette of cooler and frozen needs to be temped with a thermometer). I have this suspicious feeling that along with my expanding duties, receiving might be included in the near future. Best of luck and Welcome to the other BR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back