MyTime Unfair Hours - Help Needed

Hey guys,
So I am kinda new to Target, should be my 4th month or 5th here, and I had a quick question. So when I signed up they asked how many hours I would like to work and because I am still in school I said 20. Well, they have been kinda true to that, but lately, I have been getting 26-30 hour weeks, WITH SCHOOL. I tried to change my schedule but apparently, my ETL leader isn't getting them? I sent in two requests on the MyTime Self Service after she and I talked about my new schedule. But she still gives me so many hours and on days I didn't ask for. Then I noticed I had a minor waiver and that apparently lets me work over 20 hours?? No one in my family or anyone I know agreed or even filled out this form. So my question is this, how did I somehow get a minor waiver and how do I get rid of it? I've made it very clear that 20 hours is my max and yet they push me to the 26-hour mark. Today I feel like I'm just gonna write my preferred schedule on a sticky note and give it to my ETL leader and say my max hours is 20. I feel so pushed and I wanna focus on school without losing my job.
Sorry for the ramble, thank you!

A minor waiver is considered a contract and, because you're a minor, needs signed by a parent. You should get with your HR ETL immediately and tell them what you've told us. If you can remember dates and times you got with your own ETL regarding your schedule write them down so you can let HR ETL know. They should also be able to see that you submitted the requests on MyTime.

Personally I wouldn't even bother going to my ETL again, because they're either not doing something right, forgetting, or they DGAF. Head to HR ETL ASAP. Request a closed door conversation so they can focus on your situation and not get distracted.

The sticky note will help, unless your ETL sticks it up their butt and forgets about it.This is going to sound tiring but, keep on nagging and bothering the ETL and HR and keep putting in availability change requests until they fix your schedule.

Talk to your ETL. Sometimes, at my store, my ETL will set the schedule and then HR will go in and add a shift or two but when I talk to my ETL about it thee extra shifts will be dropped.

Not sure if that's what happening at your store, but if you tell your ETL that no, really, your max is 20 and you really mean that they should honor it.

Unless they suck, in which case you may need to go to HR or the SD, but hopefully they just think you're a good worker and want to have you around more and will be cool with it when you draw the line.

Back