Archived Unfair scnerio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit. Decided take out the main details. I went to an etl about the team lead. I was completely honest about what happened, including my cursing at the lead. I'm hoping something is done.

Last edited:
Why were you with this guest so long? It’s hard for me to even think of a scenario where I would spend that much time with a guest ever.

Why were you with this guest so long? It’s hard for me to even think of a scenario where I would spend that much time with a guest ever.

She kept asking questions about TVs and other stuff. Wouldn't make up her mind. Also wanted me to ring up the stuff to confirm how much it would all be

Went from TVs, to nest, to Google homes, to google wifi, to security systems, to wall mounts, to sound bars.

I am electronics. I was just helping out on my day off. I was called in to help hardlines. The other electronics person doesn't have as much knowledge as I do, so I volunteered to help the guest. He was zoning.

So, I'll give some details on what happened, and maybe you can give me some advice.

So, they have me work pulls until about 610. At 610, I start my zone, in toys, at 630, we have a smart huddle in a that takes about 20 mins. After the huddle, I start my zone again. Factor in a 15 minute break, and the fact that I was with a guest from 855, to 1015, you would think the lead would understand why I didn't get done with d an e tonight.... nope
What hours are you even working ? You said you start pulls at 6:10. Is that am? Or pm? And if it’s pm you shouldn’t have any pulls at that hour. And if you do then your autofill metrics is red , and if that’s red your Stl will shit his pants.

What hours are you even working ? You said you start pulls at 6:10. Is that am? Or pm? And if it’s pm you shouldn’t have any pulls at that hour. And if you do then your autofill metrics is red , and if that’s red your Stl will shit his pants.

Yup, 6pm. It's because they have one hardlines person during the day, and they have the backroom covering opu, so the fill groups get pulled late.

Oh I gotcha... it never feels like there is enough time to zone toys properly imo. As a lead I would be slightly annoyed as well tbh. You were called in to work in GM today not electronics. I don’t wanna use my 80 minutes of payroll when electronics isn’t a part of GM now. Hell, I don’t even want my GM people covering breaks and lunches in electronics anymore (is still happening though) That being said I imagine you were able to better help the guest, hope it was a large sale.

Last edited:
Oh I gotcha... it never feels like there is enough time to zone toys properly imo. As a lead I would be slightly annoyed as well tbh. You were called in to work in GM today not electronics. I don’t wanna use my 80 minutes of payroll when electronics isn’t a part of GM now. He’ll I don’t even want my GM people covering breaks and lunches in electronics anymore (is still happening though) That being said I imagine you were able to better help the guest, hope it was a large sale.

1000 plus dollars... but the guest didn't have a big enough car, so she is coming back tomorrow

Yup, 6pm. It's because they have one hardlines person during the day, and they have the backroom covering opu, so the fill groups get pulled late.
So why pull it anyway? Because metrics are red anyway . The morning person should pull it. You should defend the zone in that area and the morning person should have everything pretty much left for touch up.

I agree. You would think, but I have to do what my incompetent team lead says

My advice would be don’t volunteer for shit anymore. Modernization is a bitch lol Stay in your assigned workcenter or working on whatever task the lead assigned you to. This guest took you down the rabbit hole and “may” come back tomorrow to buy some stuff.

The guest bought $1K of electronics and is coming back tomorrow? We never let guests store purchased items overnight for liability reasons.

She didn't buy the stuff. We put it on hold and she is coming back to buy it.

My advice would be don’t volunteer for shit anymore. Modernization is a bitch lol Stay in your assigned workcenter or working on whatever task the lead assigned you to. This guest took you down the rabbit hole and “may” come back tomorrow to buy some stuff.

Problem is, I'm probably gonna end up on final now. The team lead and I had words with each other as I was clocking out.

Well hopefully this lead understands that things can get heated sometimes. I definitely have a problem with keeping my mouth shut when it comes to my leaders on a daily basis so I can relate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back