Unfairly Terminated

hi I worked at target store 2326 and I was fired yesterday for cussing in the opu room. Here’s what happened, one of my coworkers (the sweetest person on the planet) was trying to work with an awful guest. The guest had been very rude towards my coworker and I went to the opu room so I wouldn’t get angry at the guest. When I got to the opu room I let out some anger by muttering a few not so nice words(I know I shouldn’t have but I didn’t want to be rude to the guest and I needed to get it out of my system) unfortunately my boss heard me (I didn’t know she was in the room or else I would’ve kept my mouth shut) and I got fired. I believe I was terminated unfairly because I have heard/seen other team members swear at and around my boss, yet they weren’t fired. There also is not a rule about cussing and I wasn’t being rude to a guest. I am a good worker and all of my I guess now ex coworkers agree that I shouldn’t have been fired. I really needed this job and I had almost gotten out of the probation period (I was literally 2 days away) my team members would agree that I was a good team member and a valuable member of the target workforce. Is there any way for me to get my job back??

Thanks

Both your real name and your store number. Nice.
You probably won't get your job back. What exactly did you say about the guest?
If you "needed" to say not nice things out loud and could not just not day it out loud, then you will probably run into a situation where you "need" to say something not nice and can't control yourself and end up saying it in front of the guest. Ticking time bomb.

Its one thing to say "fuck" if you stub your toe in a backroom in front of a leader. Another to swear toward/about a guest.

Most US companies have abysmal employee protection laws, but you should know better not to cuss at work, you represent a business. You're also on employment-at-will, which is a common-law doctrine that states employees have the right to hire, fire, demote, and promote whomever they choose unless there are legal ramifications or any law hindrances that prove "wrongful discharge." Since they didn't do anything illegal or improper by firing you for cussing, you have no leg to stand on.

You can certainly try to fight it, but it wouldn't be worth it because they were well within their rights to terminate you. Let this be a lesson to you, and from here on out, you need to watch your mouth in professional environments.

Honestly to be fired over something so petty it sounds like they already decided not to keep you. Though udk why they wouldnt just term you for the 90 days claiming you didnt qork out. That woyld have made more senae to avoid unemployment issues. I feel like there is more missing in the story but honestly I would just move on. Its a decent market for apolying foe jobs out there find something better. I have been scrolling indeed for a couple qreks in planning to leave and have had excellent luck there.

hi I worked at target store xxxx and I was fired yesterday for cussing in the opu room. Here’s what happened, one of my coworkers (the sweetest person on the planet) was trying to work with an awful guest. The guest had been very rude towards my coworker and I went to the opu room so I wouldn’t get angry at the guest. When I got to the opu room I let out some anger by muttering a few not so nice words(I know I shouldn’t have but I didn’t want to be rude to the guest and I needed to get it out of my system) unfortunately my boss heard me (I didn’t know she was in the room or else I would’ve kept my mouth shut) and I got fired. I believe I was terminated unfairly because I have heard/seen other team members swear at and around my boss, yet they weren’t fired. There also is not a rule about cussing and I wasn’t being rude to a guest. I am a good worker and all of my I guess now ex coworkers agree that I shouldn’t have been fired. I really needed this job and I had almost gotten out of the probation period (I was literally 2 days away) my team members would agree that I was a good team member and a valuable member of the target workforce. Is there any way for me to get my job back??

Thanks

Were you on a CA? I'm guessing you were coached a few times? When you say your boss, do you mean ETL or SD? You seem to not care about rules or you don't pay attention to detail. You work in customer service and you think there is no rule about how you behave in front of guests or how you act towards them. You are kidding me right? Clearly, you didn't read the handbook. If your OPU room is like ours, then everyone can hear you when you talk above a normal voice. We had a TM get fired because they said "I'm not doing this fucking shit" in front of the SD and guests. As far as the probability of getting your job back - were you let go that day or like the following week?

Back