Archived Uniform question:shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any rule against certain types of shoes we're not allowed to wear? I know we can't wear open toe shoes but what about boots that come up to almost my knees? I have an ETL that sometimes wears these strange tassel-y boots with socks that go over her pants, but I can't recall anyone ever wearing knee high or 'riding' type boots.
They're flat with no heels if that makes any difference.

Sorry for the random question.

Dress code clauses tend to vary by district and by store. Personally, I don't see why such boots would be a problem as long as you can walk comfortably in them.

At my store, I have a few team leads who wear really nice designer boots to work.

I got black DC's with red laces ^_^ Targetfied shoes!

I've seen TMs and TLs wear varying types of boots, especially during fall/winter months.

Found my team member handbook. At Target, your appearance is very important. After all, to our guests, you are Target! Your ETL-Human Resources will tell you about out "team colors" and how to dress for work. We ask that you wear a red top (any shade of red is fine, but not orange, pink or purple) and a solid color pants or skirts (preferably khaki). If you are unable to wear a red top on a particular day, your ETL-HR will provide you with one. California and Washington team members only: If you are unable or choose not to wear a red top on a particular day, your etlHR or Hr team member will provide you with a red vest for you to wear for the day. Don't wear: shorts, jeans, tank tops, halter tops, flip flops, open-toed shoes, beat-up tennis shoes, lycra pants, sheer or revealing clothing.

Huh, so technically that means you don't need to wear khaki, just solid colored pants. Looks like your boots are good to go as well.

"California and Washington team members only: If you are unable or choose not to wear a red top on a particular day, your etlHR or Hr team member will provide you with a red vest for you to wear for the day."
Haha, what?

I just wear a red shirt, khakis, and red converses with inserts. It's very stylish and meets the dress code.

"California and Washington team members only: If you are unable or choose not to wear a red top on a particular day, your etlHR or Hr team member will provide you with a red vest for you to wear for the day."
Haha, what?

State law for CAL and WA says that if a company wants you to wear a shirt that isn't in a basic color (red isn't on that list) then the company has to pay for it. So Spot is very careful how they phrase things in their rule book.

I have knee-high leather boots that I wear quite often. Have also seen TMs wearing UGG-type boots. No issues. I'd think as long as they aren't "dominatrix-type" thigh-high stilettos, you'll be fine~LOL!

These aren't my actual boots, but similar....
Riding-boots-collage-2.jpg

Last edited:
If they look like these I'd volunteer to work just to see if they could make it through the shift.

Kinky%20Boots.jpg

I have knee-high leather boots that I wear quite often. Have also seen TMs wearing UGG-type boots. No issues. I'd think as long as they aren't "dominatrix-type" thigh-high stilettos, you'll be fine~LOL!

These aren't my actual boots, but similar....
Riding-boots-collage-2.jpg

All you need is a pair of khaki jodhpurs, a swagger stick & you'll look like General York reviewing the troops before battle.

Haha, what?

State law for CAL and WA says that if a company wants you to wear a shirt that isn't in a basic color (red isn't on that list) then the company has to pay for it. So Spot is very careful how they phrase things in their rule book.

OH! This is VERY good to know, since I'm moving over there in February. Thanks!

I would totally wear combat boots to work if I had any.

yep at my store we have a bunch of vests (i have 2 of my own but shhhh) that we can wear if we don't feel like wearing a red shirt. however i stick to my red hoodie so i can wear tank tops :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back