Archived United Way deduction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I got my check today, and noticed under before tax deductions that there was a $1 deduction taken out for United Way. Problem is, I never agreed to this, and have no clue where this came from. I realize it's "only" a dollar, but it's illegal. Target wouldn't want me stealing from them, and I deserve the same respect.

So, how do I go about making sure this doesn't happen on my next check? This will ensure that the United Way will not get a red cent from me through Target.

I do not appreciate them playing Robin Hood...and if they are, they need to find someone "richer" than me.

Needless to say, I am incredibly unhappy that my employer thinks they have any right to do this.

it could have been a keying error, and not intentional. I key those manually - mistakes happen. Just log on to eHR, and change your deduction.

Go to eHR, My United Way Donation, Change My Payroll Deduction.

I just tried it, and of course it isn't working. But I would try from the store, and call TMSC if that doesn't work.

I finally got on tonight when it wasn't on scheduled maintenance and fixed it. I mentioned it to my STL as I was fixing it, and he said I must have signed something back in July. I told him I was never asked to sign anything regarding United Way and that I hoped this would take care of it. If it doesn't, I'll be pushing harder...not for the dollar...they can have the damn dollar if it means that much. But right now, since I didn't sign anything, error or not, it's illegal on their end and stealing. And that's where I take exception.

Given everything else going on, I look for the integrity hotline to be ringing off the wall this year....

It's obscene that they would even expect any of us to donate to UW given the crap raises we've gotten the last couple yrs.

I wonder if corporate TMs are forced to sign the forms...

During my corporate internship they gave us the forms, but nobody ever asked for mine so I never turned it in. When I went back as a full time employee for 5 months, they never mentioned United Way or gave us any forms.

I worked for target 61/2 years and i donated a dollar every paycheck with my permission. God knows there are a lot of unfortinate people out there. someday we might need help and its not like we are giving it to target(however) I hope that target doesnt get all the credit when alot of that money comes from tm.

I worked for target 61/2 years and i donated a dollar every paycheck with my permission. God knows there are a lot of unfortinate people out there. someday we might need help and its not like we are giving it to target(however) I hope that target doesnt get all the credit when alot of that money comes from tm.

61/2? So you've been working for target for 30 years?

61/2? So you've been working for target for 30 years?

Seems Legit.

If you are donating because there are a lot of unfortunate people out there, and someday we or people we know may need help, then it shouldn't matter who gets credit for the donation.

Regardless, there's a difference between giving voluntarily and it being taken from my paycheck without my permission. Despite what some large corporations might want us to think, we do have rights in this country as employees. And getting my entire paycheck without unauthorized deductions is one of them.

what i ment to say was 6 years and 6 months, and you are right about that it really should not matter who gets credit. but when they post a huge sign right behind the cash register saying how much target donates when it should say target and team members. If i never worked for target and saw that sign i would assume target corp. also they do not have a right to deduct from your paycheck without your permission. when we donate it should come from our hearts and human compassion. so i guess if target wants to take the credit and make there selfs look good then so be it. I am no saying to put my name up there in fact i would not want my name up there. God is the one who puts in hearts to give when we can. so im sorry if i sounded like i was putting you down i did not mean for it to come out that way.

what i ment to say was 6 years and 6 months, and you are right about that it really should not matter who gets credit. but when they post a huge sign right behind the cash register saying how much target donates when it should say target and team members. If i never worked for target and saw that sign i would assume target corp. also they do not have a right to deduct from your paycheck without your permission. when we donate it should come from our hearts and human compassion. so i guess if target wants to take the credit and make there selfs look good then so be it. I am no saying to put my name up there in fact i would not want my name up there. God is the one who puts in hearts to give when we can. so im sorry if i sounded like i was putting you down i did not mean for it to come out that way.
Great answer. In my area, there was a united way got caught spending $$ on perks & not giving back to the community. Since then, I give $1.00 cash & the form back saying no. I love to give to groups who I know where the $$ are going too.

Ok...I set it to "0" in eHR after the last check and it's still taking out money. I am NOT happy.

I was donating but changed last year (for a variety of reasons) now all my donations are through my shul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back