Archived Unloading the Truck More Efficiently

Status
Not open for further replies.
No we aren’t given any back braces and we have the same thrower Tuesday-Saturday.
Same. Mine has mentioned he doesn't want to throw anymore. The others don't want to/won't throw. And, I've not seen any back braces, so I doubt they were ever given any.

Hell, we've been out of box cutters since I started. I kept having leaders have conversations with me about using my pocket knife to cut open boxes or break down boxes. And every time I said well, I've been asking for a box cutter for months. I still don't have one. Then they would walk away with a "well, don't let me see you using it again" b.s.
First thing I did was ask the new ETL to order some. They should be here end of the week or early next week. You know the normal 2-18 week lead time for Target stuff that isn't sellable product.

The team works as much as the leadership shows appreciation and works just as hard and even harder . They do stretch . And if they want a bathroom break I’m gonna f$&& give it to them .
I have been asking for something to show appreciation (even after not finishing a truck before their shifts ended *grumble grumble*) and have just gotten a canned response of I'll check the budget and get back to you. If I don't get an answer soon, I'll just buy the crew some doughnuts or biscuits or something my damn self. Even though I was told it is better to just have food ave make some extra food for them and charge it out to the store. I'm still trying to convince the superiors to allow freaking water or Gatorade for the guys on the truck.

No one has electric skates?
Also @allnew2, I am not being sarcastic or anything... what the hell are electric skates?

Last edited:
I'm still trying to convince the superiors to allow freaking water or Gatorade for the guys on the truck.
Convince them ? What the hell. The guy is in the fucking truck for two hours and even the people on the line they deserve water or something to drink.

Electric skates means you don’t need a pusher aka pace setter because the person on the first bay controls the skate with a button to move the freight down the line
We had one for many years but the new STL a while back got sick of paying for the repairs and got rid of it.

Now it's all about tearing up my elbows and shoulders. Thanks, Spot!

Do you all have two fans at the end of your line? One on the left and one on the right side? If so, do you have both of them pointed down the line? Our softlines breakout sorter likes to turn one away from the line and towards her which makes it almost unbearable on the line. Our TL says that's the way its suppose to be and HR doesn't care. Softlines does a lot of walking between the repacks and a racks, but I feel the people on the line need the fan more as they are lifting heavy boxes and running around. What are your thoughts?

Do you all have two fans at the end of your line? One on the left and one on the right side? If so, do you have both of them pointed down the line? Our softlines breakout sorter likes to turn one away from the line and towards her which makes it almost unbearable on the line. Our TL says that's the way its suppose to be and HR doesn't care. Softlines does a lot of walking between the repacks and a racks, but I feel the people on the line need the fan more as they are lifting heavy boxes and running around. What are your thoughts?

Get another fan?

We have two fans but they don’t work and no one will spring for new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back