Archived unprofessional behavior @ guest services?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOPIC RETRACTED: I'm over this, thanks. I don't know how to delete topics.
Have a nice day. :D

Last edited:
It is true, some stores do have strict policies about who is allowed behind GS. It is to restrict the number of TMs from gaining access to certain areas and information.

As for the GSTM....document the incident. As for the comment about physical putting her hands on you and made an unprofessional comment to a guest. This will need to be brought to HR's attention.

i wouldn't let it get to you.. /shrug

some GSTMs don't like having other people in their area, it can get chaotic enough with only us behind the counter, let alone having people coming in and out all night.

if you truly feel threatened by the guest service lady though, you can go to hr I guess

I'm not looking for sympathy, just some unbiased opinions. Here's my story:

I walked into work yesterday, clocked in at 2:15, and walked to Guest Service's desk to grab some re-shop. I walked through the gate and was immediately intercepted by the GS lady who stopped me and said, "You kids are driving me insane!" I asked, "What did I do?" She said, "YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE BACK HERE!" and I just looked at her. I said, "Well, how am I supposed to grab the carts?" And she explained to me that I had to walk around and pull the carts out, NOT go through GS, which I honestly did not know. I tried to explain to her how at night this is how we always do it and the other GS lady corroborated my story and said, "Yeah, when it's dead we let them do it." She said, "I don't care, this is how you're supposed to do it." I apologized and then attempted to go on w/ my work. She then said, "Am I going to have to put my hands on you?" I said, "You don't want to do that." And she replied, "What would you do about it?" I told her, "I'd sue you," then she said, "Oh... what is with people and suing? DO you think you'd be happier, young man, if you were rich?" And attempting to diffuse the situation, I said, "I'd like to think so." Then she and the other lady made some gay joke about some guy they were talking about and said, "he rode the other side of the fence" and laughed as I just quietly attempted to do my work and leave, but not before the lady referred to me as , "Mr. happy pants," to one of the guests. That in my opinion was harassment and made me uncomfortable, but I said nothing and just left. I honestly thought about reporting her to our HR guy, because it was really unnecessary and basically made me feel like **** the entire shift. I just brushed it off, however, and avoided her, but I don't think it was appropriate for her to say that to me.

What are your thoughts? Was I being too sensitive letting her get to me? Or should she have not threatened to put her hands on me? Either way: I'm glad Monday is my last day.

RBL.

Holy shi**. Not trying to offend anyone, but that GS person you were talking to sounds like a poor ghetto trash person. You can tell she is highly uneducated (probably a high school drop out) and her life sucks. I ran in to lots of TMs like that during my time at Target. All you can really do is try to avoid them and not play along with their trashy games.

This person should not be working with the general public.
Maybe transfer them to early morning flow where they can do little or no harm.
I'd write this down (keep it factual and unemotional) and report it.

God, I need to get a new handbook just to see what has changed, but this is from the TM Non-Exempt 11/06 rev. in page 51:

"Finally, intimidating or threatening behavior or remarks, violence or threat of violence are also unacceptable and can result in corrective action, up to and including termination. Some examples include:

- Challenging another person to a fight
- Threatening to physically harm someone
- Striking, punching, slapping or assaulting another person"

Regardless of Policy of who is to be behind the Guest Service Desk. This Team Members actions and words are uncalled for and unprofessional.... I'd have a meeting with your HR and/or STL immediately. Make sure you bring up the things she said to you and what you heard them say about another Team Members sexual orientation.

Regardless of Policy of who is to be behind the Guest Service Desk. This Team Members actions and words are uncalled for and unprofessional.... I'd have a meeting with your HR and/or STL immediately. Make sure you bring up the things she said to you and what you heard them say about another Team Members sexual orientation.

It wasn't about another TM. She was having a convo w/ the other GS lady and made the comment on how the guy the were talking about "rode the other side of the fence." I just threw it in there to demonstrate the unprofessional behavior of the people who work at GS and put a face on the store.

It wasn't about another TM. She was having a convo w/ the other GS lady and made the comment on how the guy the were talking about "rode the other side of the fence." I just threw it in there to demonstrate the unprofessional behavior of the people who work at GS and put a face on the store.

Ok.... Your encounter still needs to be reported though.....

Get her fired dude, she threatened you with her hands on you. Do it get her fired, the world will be better. That and she said inappropriate remarks to you as well.

Get her fired dude, she threatened you with her hands on you. Do it get her fired, the world will be better. That and she said inappropriate remarks to you as well. Is she an old black lady, I hate old black ladies at the service desk, always attitude, luckily my store doesn't have but in other places always the case. I am not racist, this is pure observation.

Get her fired dude, she threatened you with her hands on you. Do it get her fired, the world will be better. That and she said inappropriate remarks to you as well. Is she an old black lady, I hate old black ladies at the service desk, always attitude, luckily my store doesn't have but in other places always the case. I am not racist, this is pure observation.

I've found that people who need to say that they are not racist in explanation for their posts usually are.

wow. REALLY?

Although I don't think it was right, I also think you're being too sensitive. Just my opinion; I don't think anyone needs to be fired over this although the comment about "putting hands" on you is definitely dangerously on the line.

-Zen

I don't care that your last day ins Monday...you MUST report this to HR....now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back