Archived Unprofessional store? -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all let me thank everyone from my last post who tried to help me about my training situation .
But I ran into another problem with my store... Like I told you guys i will be training Tuesday and Wednesday of this week but I got a call today asking me to come work tomorrow & Thursday.
How am I suppose to work tomorrow without any training. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do , this is my first job. I know I'm probably over reacting about the whole thing but can't help it. Maybe their short handed because some people have quit? Idk whats going. I don't even have a shirt and name tag yet because they ran out . & I don't want to call anymore because I have called several times asking questions and don't want to be bothersome . I just want to make a good impression so sorry if in over reacting lmaoo

You told them you'd work tomorrow? Probably should have let them know you haven't been trained and ask if you'll be trained during your shift. Either way, you'll want a red shirt and khaki pants before you go in to work.

and call, dude. Target isn't such a big deal that you should be intimidated into not asking questions.

133595821217.jpg

You'll probably just start your training early. Take it slow and ask questions. It's not hard, it'll just take some getting used to. The first job is always intimidating, the hardest part is going to be how much your feet hurt when you're not used to standing for 8 hours at a time.

Hey dude I'm with you, Target was my first job at 17 years old a couple years back. But it's very simple and easy, don't freak out. I remember my biggest freak out was not knowing how to bag items and which items belong in which bags. I tried as long as possible to avoid back up cashiering. But things come pretty quick and just tell them you have to be trained. If its sales floor it will be extremely easy.

You told them you'd work tomorrow? Probably should have let them know you haven't been trained and ask if you'll be trained during your shift. Either way, you'll want a red shirt and khaki pants before you go in to work.

and call, dude. Target isn't such a big deal that you should be intimidated into not asking questions.

Nope the manager called was basically like "here's your schedule for this week blah blah blah." And I told him "I'm training Tuesday and Wednesday" and he basically said you still will go to training but come in tomorrow. He will have me working 6 hours. I already worked 8 hours last week just helped doing overnight cleaning . This time he wants me to come in miday for 6 hours. I have a problem calling because those people are rude and seems to have an attitude every time I call lol

133595821217.jpg

You'll probably just start your training early. Take it slow and ask questions. It's not hard, it'll just take some getting used to. The first job is always intimidating, the hardest part is going to be how much your feet hurt when you're not used to standing for 8 hours at a time.

Yea hopefully in just getting some extra training because I was told I still had to attend my two day training session . And yea man I already experience the pain from standing 8 hours last week when they told me to come in and help over night last week . I had foot and back pain for 2 days. I was recommended to buy Dr. Scholl's insoles.

I don't see a problem. If they told you to come in for training on these days, and then called you to come in on another set of days. More than likely they are just trying to get you through training and pair you up with someone to shadow.

Training consists of going through orientation, all the computer tests/safety presentations, then cashier training, and then your work center if other than the front.

UPDATE: I pretty much just helped keep the store clean. Then at the end of the day they let me be a bagger. They told me I'm pretty darn good for this being my first job. So today I'm finishing up training at the other store then tomorrow and friday I will be working 6 hour shifts . :)

So thanks everyone! I pretty much did freak out for no reason! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back