Archived Unprofessional Store Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we had a team lead get fired recently.. They were great, likable person who had a 4-year degree but Just was not what the store wanted. They did their work but didn't get along with the ETL that was assigned to them.. So, he was fired. Here is the part that I am confused about. How can you fire someone for lets say performance, BUT the store has 2 ETL' that were arrested last year... One for DUI and one for another reason. (Public records prove this). AND, they're still employed in management positions. I only ask that because There are double standards at this particular store. Some team leads can get away with foolishness and the ETL's go along with their bunfoonery but another team lead has to walk lightly on egg shells just to feel safely about their job. I don't know, I just hate seeing good people lose their jobs. I started working at Target during college but decided to stay part time while working in my profession. The things I see at Target will not fly by in a typical professional field.

First off, welcome to The Break Room.

Second when it comes right down to it, Spot doesn't really care about professional behavior.
What they want is behavior that will make them money and won't get them sued.

When it comes down to the folks who have to walk on eggshells, as someone who found themselves in that position, you quickly discover that Spot pretty much doesn't care if your rights are trampled on as long as the paperwork is filled out correctly.

For the ETLs who were busted outside of work, unless they committed felonies I don't see how it should effect their jobs.
People have the right to work even if they have made stupid mistakes.

At my store recently, it's been made known in nonverbal ways that everyone is expendable.

At my store recently, it's been made known in nonverbal ways that everyone is expendable.

at my store, the etl actually told his team they were all replaceable during the huddle and if they didn't move their asses, they'd find out how quickly. nothing happened to him, but we had around 7 or 8 tm not return the next shift.

we've lost tl in the last month that have been with the company over a decade. one pulled me aside and said they actually told the tl that he/she was going to be fired. tl went to hr and was assured that wasn't the case. now, gone for performance. the other was termed via policy loophole (can't be too specific, but nothing related to ap, theft, or best practice, but he definitely had a case for a lawyer if he didn't drink so much target koolaid). the 3rd most tenured has just been issued CA for performance because she hopped on a checklane instead of calling for backup and the 1+1 rule was exceeded before backup arrived when she did call (seems like a trivial thing for CA if it isn't recurring).
i'm trying to believe that it was strictly performance, but the etl team brutally picked on both of them for silly things and showed obvious favoritism. they were replaced with bench tl candidates who just finished their degrees up this spring and were placed on the bench a week before the terms. odd how things work out.

I have said before. If you get the chance to screw Target over you might as well because sooner or later they will screw you. Sad to say it was once a really good company to work for.

I have said before. If you get the chance to screw Target over you might as well because sooner or later they will screw you. Sad to say it was once a really good company to work for.

I screwed over my bosses as best I could before I left. Only because they didn't give a rats ass about me ;-)

I "accidentally" deleted all of my Equipment Info (Serial #'s and information, on 100s of devices), before handing it over to my New in role TL :) Bwahahhahahaha

I saved all the Printers Information though for the nice lady who was Team Lead for Price Accuracy.

its funny I was just having this kind of conversation with co-worker. I said we would all like to think that they need us (TL's) because we are good at what we do, but bottom line is there is someone out there that could do the job just as well and better than me. I personally just go about my business and try not to get involved in others dramas, if they want me to push truck for 2 hours every morning then I push truck every morning. Yes it sucks and I dont get my workload done (this week was the first time this year i actually got my entire workload done in the right week) . I think that I am an excellent TL and I do know my stuff, people generally always come to me for either advice or to ask questions or learn but I dont by any means think that if they want to they couldnt find a reason to fire me lol.

Everyone is replaceable, but it usually takes a month or two for that replacement to become comfortable in role. Also probably about 6 months to a year before they become an expert.

If they are constantly replacing people, no one is going to know wtf they're doing. This usually reflects poorly on Guest Experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back