Unrealistic Expectations

We need the TMs in the store doing their thing so that flex can find shit or at least have people to ask when we need help. The saddest thing was the SLTL responded by saying, "I know. There's nothing I can do. This is the way it has to be now. Let me know if any brands give you lots of problems so I can keep an eye on them."

*sigh*

I saw some SFS sorting through a stack of repacks in the backroom a week ago, looking for some item or the other...I imagine not only INF but "time to find" x item will skyrocket too

I saw some SFS sorting through a stack of repacks in the backroom a week ago, looking for some item or the other...I imagine not only INF but "time to find" x item will skyrocket too

Repacks are the bane of OPU's existence. A couple of weeks ago I had an inbounds shift filling in for an unloader's vacation. I saw the other main dayside OPU TM staring at a mountain on HBA repacks. She told me that she had 3 items in a pick that all came on that day's truck and ETL-LOG told her not to INF them until she searched through all of the repacks. Oh, and batches were dropping like crazy and goal time was already approaching on the next one. So, I sign onto epick, grab a three tier and literally sprint around the store clearing the queue. Took about half an hour.

I wander to the backroom and my OPU sis is still looking through the HBA repacks. She can't find any of the items in the repacks ETL-LOG told her to look through. I started helping her double check them. STL calls her on the walkie and starts bitching. OPU sis is freaking the fuck out. She's way past goal time. Like 45 minutes past. At this point, the TM who sorts HBA repacks walks into the back. Thanks to hour cuts she's just now beginning her shift. She asks what we're looking for and after we tell her, she says that ETL-LOG was wrong, we'll find those in beauty repacks not HBA. Of course beauty repacks were also a gigantic stack. The three of us started looking through them and 20 minutes later we finally found all the items.

Fuck repacks is all I'm saying. Fuck them all.

To trick team members into zoning the aisle and cleaning the shelves.

I mean I want to burn time this week because I finished all my signing early, researched all the out displays, got the fixture room back in shape, *and* finished price points for next week's electronics stuff. So if they want me to waste time cleaning up, I'm down with that lol

I just won't do specialty beverage early (keurig) cause we ain't got the displays yet

or label strips

I really feel for my softlines TMs. They've all had their shifts reduced to 5 hours, 5.5 max on the latest two schedules. They've been told they should be able to get the same amount of stuff done in that time that they used to get a full shift to do because they are experts. They are not pleased and I don't blame them. It's bullshit. I straight up told our SLTL that if her people aren't coming in to work their zones and do their push until 11am-1pm (even on truck days!!!), then our INF% for her side of the store is going up. My RFID gun is great, but it's not perfect and lots of new softlines merch is coming in as non-RFID enabled for some asinine reason. We need the TMs in the store doing their thing so that flex can find shit or at least have people to ask when we need help. The saddest thing was the SLTL responded by saying, "I know. There's nothing I can do. This is the way it has to be now. Let me know if any brands give you lots of problems so I can keep an eye on them."

*sigh*

On truck days, if ship from store cannot find what they need on the salesfloor, they go to the inbound folks who sort the softlines freight. They usually know exactly where it is because half the time it's in the backroom on a Z or a metro that they processed that morning, or on one left over that is just hanging around from earlier in the week waiting to be worked.

Orders not packed for so long the order dropped back in the system. Ship to store sits for days at a time cause the STL doesn't care about it, not on his metrics so no reason to do it. His words. Even though that drives traffic.. When our ETL is there she will get us help and replace call outs, if not, we get left to rot..

Hotline has been called now, so done with this.
So, this is why a guest gets an email that says the order is on its way only to receive a message a week later saying it has been cancelled?

So, this is why a guest gets an email that says the order is on its way only to receive a message a week later saying it has been cancelled?

Could be or half the time I know when I get STS stuff and cancel it, it is because the idiots who packed it didn't bother you know to wrap the glasses so we open a box shards rather than a piece of glass. Or my favorite when they use the biggest box we use and shove in the boxes of diapers then don't bag the laundry detergent and shove them huge bottles in two of them in the space for one and they both leak destroying all the boxes of diapers and the detergent all of it not things we sell in store. Kicker? there were supposed to be three bottles of detergent in the box..

The lack of uniformity can be irritating though. Right now in our men's department there are at least 5 watches that I would think should be secured as they range from $50-$100. But they aren't. When I try to get one that I see in that price range secured, no one knows anything about a case that I saw a couple times it would fit in. When a few minutes search turns up nothing GS says to leave it with them and they'll handle it, but it's back unsecured in the next reshop cart. When I ask another softlines person to get a $100 watch secured, I see it in the sorted reshop cart with the men's wallets and $20 watches, unsecured. I gave up; being the lone voice makes it clear that I'm actually the one in the wrong when it comes to the procedure. Those $99.99 watches are just sitting on the shelf next to the $20 watches with nothing extra to keep them from walking out.

I saw an $80 Nintendo switch remote box (empty) in grocery...apparently it wasn't spider wrapped? 🤔

BTW, is there a legend or list of definitions for all the acronyms and stuff? I started in late October and must've missed the memo...

BTW, is there a legend or list of definitions for all the acronyms and stuff? I started in late October and must've missed the memo...

Back