Archived Unwritten Rules of the flow team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be flow now I am mainly BR, but come out to push every so often due to out flow team being literally 12 people since October.

-Ignore the 2 TMs who take 25 bathroom breaks from 4-8, don't think about it or you will insane and just let it be.
-Ignore the last guy on the line who will not touch a box that is not in his 3 blocks, don't think about and don't tell anyone because its pointless as hes so useless you can't move him anywhere else in the morning even when there is only one other person on the line covering the other 12 blocks.. (not exaggerated)
-One repack on the grocery backstock is more than enough, just stack the loose items on top its fine...BR can handle it...

Don't pull rain checks down off peg hooks, just stock over them. In-Stocks will fix it.

We always leave rain check pads in place in case we run out of the item again (because we almost always do). We wait until Saturday night to remove them during ad takedown.

Leave items that should have been spiderwrapped on the floor, don't worry salesfloor or In-stocks will fix it.

You should let AP know about this issue. Then your ETL-AP/APTL/APL can have a little chat with your ETL-Log.

Been doing that for 3+ years. It does not change. Our current AP ETL is too busy being cute vs actually doing her job.

Ad take down if they don't toss the R/C the miss it entirely. Yes throw the pads in the trash, every time we have a turn over they do this, its quicker then to sort them out.

On a serious note one big no-no for one flow team member to do to another is to skip the next aisle on the wave if its heavy..
For example, your wave is up to the cereal aisle, you finish and skip baking since its heavy and move on to the bread aisle which is half vendor serviced..

We have flow tm that will skip entire areas. Do one aisle of HBA, skip chem and pets and go straight for the mighty paper aisles.

All food in the breakroom must be consumed.... it does not matter if it's supposed to be for all teams or if it belongs to an individual...

Yup. If someone brings food to share with the team, they will specifically hide batches elsewhere so that Flow doesn't devour it all.

When pushing stationary just push a hole in the foil around the cards and sticker packs and push on the pegs. It keeps the pegs "neater".

If your truck is smaller than usual work slower. You're on the schedule for the same hours big, average or small truck. If your truck is bigger also work slower. Pace yourself its a lot of work.

When sending backstock back just toss it all in a shopping cart with trash, broken items and cardboard. It all Ned to go to the backroom anyway.

Only 1/2 of the pegs in toys should be filled. The rest is backstock.

This applies to POG as well. Nasty E-mails have flown and now some of the POG team really does not like the in-stock team cause we have busted them so many times.

As for Flow its not just toys, is any place that has multiple pegs or shelves. More nasty E-mails fly.

POG team at my store is notorious for throwing labels in the bottom of tubs. So easy to catch since it's labels from the area they were setting, yet nothing is ever done.

1. when stocking peg hooks, always place behind inventory clips
2. always over push on quads, and don't bother locking arms in place
3. everyone waits to take their 30 minute break 40 minutes prior to shift ending
4. spend more time asking other TMs for help than actually doing your job
5. continue to blast music through your cellphone and portable speakers after the store opens
6. strategically hide boxes and carts behind endcaps, under benches in shoes.
7. leave all empty z-racks on the floor

Take as many carts as you can reasonably push, then take 15 more with you, those are for your team's use exclusively, guests have handbaskets.

Always be sure to return the carts to exactly where they belong: the gaps in the walls seperating B & C and D&E, as well as outside the door to the backroom, in the backroom, and pretty much anywhere in softlines.

Walk in. Clock in. Stare at schedule. Stand in the breakroom. Meander to the back of the store taking the longest route possible. It is mandatory to press the audio display. Go to the bathroom. Meander to the line. Bad mouth other team member for being slow.

- When the product doesn't fit, simply stack the last two boxes on top.
- Capacity for the kleenex aisle is three high on the top shelf.
- Broken plastics? :shrug: stock that shit anyway.
- DPCI on the product in the top right hand corner? Meh. Just shove it on any peg in that aisle. Especially in domestics.
- DPCI on the pick label? Meh. Just shove it on the shelf.
- High Efficiency Laundry detergent is the same as any other. Just shove it on the shelf. Most of it is in orange bottles, anyway.
- Ignore the writing on the plastic over wrap that clearly states "Remove all plastic wrap before placing item on shelf."
- Multiple locations with outs in Entertainment? who gives a fuck.

Last edited:
- When the product doesn't fit, simply stack the last two boxes on top.
- Capacity for the kleenex aisle is three high on the top shelf.
- Broken plastics? :shrug: stock that shit anyway.
- DPCI on the product in the top right hand corner? Meh. Just shove it on any peg in that aisle. Especially in domestics.
- DPCI on the pick label? Meh. Just shove it on the shelf.
- High Efficiency Laundry detergent is the same as any other. Just shove it on the shelf. Most of it is in orange bottles, anyway.
- Ignore the writing on the plastic over wrap that clearly states "Remove all plastic wrap before placing item on shelf."
- Multiple locations with outs in Entertainment? who give a fuck.

This is my flow team exactly. I hate them.

My flow team isn't so bad. There are a couple who either don't care or just don't "get it" - but overall it's a good group.

My flow team isn't so bad. There are a couple who either don't care or just don't "get it" - but overall it's a good group.
So, are you a flow team member? (Just kidding!! Our team is pretty good overall, too. There are just some "pet peeves". I'm sure that they have plenty of them, too!)

So, are you a flow team member? (Just kidding!! Our team is pretty good overall, too. There are just some "pet peeves". I'm sure that they have plenty of them, too!)

Maybe? I'll never tell.

Big brother is probably watching.

I've just been around long enough to know that a few bad eggs doesn't ruin an entire team.

1. Shelf capacity is how much overstock can fit in an aisle before the gondola collapses.
2. I don't understand English after 8:00 am.
3. Slow down, they will send us home if we finish the truck.
4. We don't have time to rotate dates in grocery!
5. If its too heavy, it must be backstock.
6. Repack merchandise can go anywhere, that why the box does not have a pick label.
7. What is a pick label?
8. Make sure you mark auto backstock diagonally through the pick label upc so they know its backstock.
9. I didn't hear that pallet fall over, your playing your phone so loud it went through my headphones.
10. I'm calling out today, I'll stay twice as long tommorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back