Unwritten warehouse rules

There are no un-SAID rules in business. There are customs, protocols, suggestions and norms to follow. Some mandatory some voluntary.

Nobody actually cares about stepstool use. You just have to learn to use it when management is in their "pretend to care" mode.
God. I don’t miss outbound. I’m very tall. I can comfortably build walls to the ceiling. I’ve never had an issue with lifting. Heavy stuff went low. But you know what I had an issue with? Not slipping on those stupid plastic steps trying to repeatedly use then

God. I don’t miss outbound. I’m very tall. I can comfortably build walls to the ceiling. I’ve never had an issue with lifting. Heavy stuff went low. But you know what I had an issue with? Not slipping on those stupid plastic steps trying to repeatedly use then
Or “stepping down” on the wrong side, that sudden “oh shit” moment gets the blood flowing for a while!

What the hell are rules? it;s cool if we eat, drink, leave our trash all over the place, map in the steel, use the recycle bin for trash, throw repacks where we want, leave cardboard on the line.... what? You think I'm kidding....

kinda jumpy lately.. anyone from icqa or in a vest who shows up in my work area im like Hey!….here it comes!

Last edited:
Unless you adjusted it and a bunch of extra labels dropped against it before it was corrected, there’s not much to worry about.
Did you catch it right away and fix it or did someone else find it?

I’d see it as “no harm, no foul” then. Everybody deserves a pass on the rogue mistake once in a while. If it’s a mistake that a person regularly makes, then that’s different.
They’ll probably audit more of your adjustments for a little while tho, so just triple check before you leave a location.

The "open door" HR policy is BS and they hate you unless you are an OM or above.

Most OMs that I have dealt with (over 40 in the last 16 years) are on some type of pills or powder at work, if you are able to get these substances you can stay off of their power trip radar by hooking your OM up.

You are just a number for a multi billion dollar company. You do not owe Target anything over 100% prod despite what they tell you.

The "open door" HR policy is BS and they hate you unless you are an OM or above.

Hourly TMs are nothing more than box moving "things" to Target.

You are just a number for a multi billion dollar company. You do not owe Target anything over 100% prod despite what they tell you.

If you are the only TM in the DC who shows up you are obligated to make building plan by yourself. At least that's what some of the regulars here seem to think.

There must be some kind of Stockholm syndrome thing going on with the lifers.

If you are the only TM in the DC who shows up you are obligated to make building plan by yourself. At least that's what some of the regulars here seem to think.

There must be some kind of Stockholm syndrome thing going on with the lifers.
or maybe they have a good work ethic, maybe they take pride in doing their job well, and don’t call off over every little sniffle or ghost of a snowflake. all something our younger generation obviously lack.

Back