Upcoming Operational changes

Has anyone gotten any information on the upcoming changes that are soon going to happen.

Our SD was again on an 1.5hr confrence call but isn't allowed to disclose any of the operational changes yet.

I hate being blindsided at the last minute.

This may just be for your store or your district. Do you know if the changes are company-wide, or was your manager not allowed to tell you that, too?

It's possible that they're testing things for you guys.

But will impact front tremendously none of the above will be there during hours guests will need them

Eh I don't know how much I buy this. Target literally just started going hard with the "GUEST" stuff and are hyper focused on having all team members there to help the guests on the floor. The Retail buisness is moving towards guest availibility and accomadation not away from it.

I highly doubt they'll move to having dbos here when the stores not open. What I can see them doing is realizing "hmm..... maybe we SHOULDN'T be tearing up aisles and endcaps while the store is open" and letting there be an actual planogram team again. Who remembers when we barely set anything if anything at all when the store was open?

Eh I don't know how much I buy this. Target literally just started going hard with the "GUEST" stuff and are hyper focused on having all team members there to help the guests on the floor. The Retail buisness is moving towards guest availibility and accomadation not away from it.

I highly doubt they'll move to having dbos here when the stores not open. What I can see them doing is realizing "hmm..... maybe we SHOULDN'T be tearing up aisles and endcaps while the store is open" and letting there be an actual planogram team again. Who remembers when we barely set anything if anything at all when the store was open?
I remember it as a guest because Target always looked neat and full, with TMs at the ready to help but not obtrusive. Then one day I went in to shop and the place looked like ass, vehicles everywhere, crap on the floor and I remember thinking, wtf happened to this place?

stores going back to great by 8am apparently. No more DBOs. Everyone hands on deck to get truck pushed by 8am. Think 2 throwers, 8 sorters (one in each bay) , & wave push truck freight. All ETLs and TLs push as well to get truck pushed by 8am. Going back to zoning an hour after store closed.

stores going back to great by 8am apparently. No more DBOs. Everyone hands on deck to get truck pushed by 8am. Think 2 throwers, 8 sorters (one in each bay) , & wave push truck freight. All ETLs and TLs push as well to get truck pushed by 8am. Going back to zoning an hour after store closed.
I can’t tell if you are serious…

Reading thru this thread and seeing what is being tested with afternoon unloads in my area, I think Target isn't sure what the best method of unload is yet and everything we read hear is up for debate as to it's credibility.

From what I have seen of afternoon unloads, it seems to be working well, coming 90% clean almost every truck and has DBOs scheduled during peak hours. However, it has not been tested thru a Q4 yet.....

Exactly! It will all be done ON… which means no one on the floor dayside but possibly a leader or tm on their day off.

Reading thru this thread and seeing what is being tested with afternoon unloads in my area, I think Target isn't sure what the best method of unload is yet and everything we read hear is up for debate as to it's credibility.

From what I have seen of afternoon unloads, it seems to be working well, coming 90% clean almost every truck and has DBOs scheduled during peak hours. However, it has not been tested thru a Q4 yet.....
Have also heard stores testing afternoon unloads. Team unloads in the afternoon & another team comes in the morning to push.

Yes. Guest is the focus but it has “always” been about them, right..just telling what I know is being tested at mine. I also think target would prefer having the guest experience amazing through drive-ups. Etc. not so much in-store but I just lead a team in a store. Either way communication would be beneficial.

From a GS standpoint this would be huge. GM experts never respond when we need an item pulled from the back. It was so nice to just be able to call “backroom” instead of trying to find the exact person who works the area
Just call a leader, they’ll find someone.

Back