Upcoming Operational changes

Didn't we used to have Priority Fill batches at one time? One for ones never made much sense to me when you are often only pulling one of a particular item that isn't even close to being out of stock on the floor.
The only time when 141 makes sense is Seasonal. You have a limited timeframe. Get that shit out of the backroom.

I doubt that this will happen in my group. We were able to bring unload times by cutting payroll in half and all the other metrics are green.

by Brian Cornell's left butt cheek I hope this is true. If it is I will so be doing the I told you so happy dance all through the backroom. then by his right butt cheek we better get the tubs back.

by Brian Cornell's left butt cheek I hope this is true. If it is I will so be doing the I told you so happy dance all through the backroom. then by his right butt cheek we better get the tubs back
Thankfully we were smart enough to not get rid of all our tubs. We have several but still need more.

Have also heard stores testing afternoon unloads. Team unloads in the afternoon & another team comes in the morning to push.

There is no team pushing during the morning, all of unload is done in the afternoon/evening. Morning team only consists of fulfillment, fitting room, fresh market, tech, and whoever is setting on Plano.

That makes no sense. It will cause INFs.

It doesn't cause INFs because the truck isn't acknowledged until the afternoon at the earliest. Most times, the truck doesn't even arrive until just before unload starts.

There is no team pushing during the morning, all of unload is done in the afternoon/evening. Morning team only consists of fulfillment, fitting room, fresh market, tech, and whoever is setting on Plano.

It doesn't cause INFs because the truck isn't acknowledged until the afternoon at the earliest. Most times, the truck doesn't even arrive until just before unload starts.
This ASANTS some stores have noice restrictions so our store gets the truck delivered by 5pm the day prior to unload

Omg
These mid shifts are gonna be brutal.
Especially for the PNW areas that are going to a mid day C&S delivery. I mean if we get shunted to mid to late day truck unload.

bah it’ll be brutal af for weeks no matter what as people adjust to the neoclassical way of truck unload. But please brother Brian let us go back to scanning the truck.

all praise to brother Brian and his benighted acolytes.

@SuperTarget - does this mean you are part of this "test?" How did you find this information? aka how can I find out if we are part of this test?
I guess my store is part of the test.. I just found out though the communication that was pushed directly into the myDay communication tab at my store. I’m sure over the coming weeks this will roll out to more stores. Keep an on the communication tab in myDay because that’s where they will communicate additional stores as it rolls out. I think they are being a bit careful with how they roll this out considering myDay pulls when those first launched had many issues, so a staggered and slower rollout seems like a smarter idea to catch issues as they arise.

For what it’s worth my store is in Region 400

I am having trouble understanding what this part of the communication means for OFOs though.

“One for One pulls will remain visible and should
only be used as a part of pre-trailer
acknowledgement routines (FEFO) in Food and
Beverage.”

Does this mean OFOs are only going to be for food and beverage? And the wording of “pre-trailer acknowledgement routines (FEFO)” just doesn’t make sense to me.

Don’t know fully what’s happening to OFOs?

OFOs will still be visible in Fill & Backstock but they should not be used unless you are a consumables TM using OFOs in the morning before your FDC truck arrives to get product out of your backroom before it expires (e.g, FEFO)
Does that include Dry Grocery and does that also apply to stores that have C&S and not an FDC trailer?

This makes sense since OFO’s are beneficial to me as a dairy DBO where getting even one package of yogurt can make a difference.

I actually admit I like 1-4-1s. Helps clear out my stockroom. Don't "always" like pulling them, and trying to be green... aka wish we could pull them at our own discretion.

Like if my top selling aisle is in candy - then I should be able to pull those more often. or maybe *just* canned goods around Thanksgiving...or baking.

I actually admit I like 1-4-1s. Helps clear out my stockroom. Don't "always" like pulling them, and trying to be green... aka wish we could pull them at our own discretion.

Like if my top selling aisle is in candy - then I should be able to pull those more often. or maybe *just* canned goods around Thanksgiving...or baking.
I find them a huge waste of time..

For example one glue stick or pen selling will drop into a OFO to fill the floor when the item really doesn’t need to be “filled” after just one unit selling. The whole one or two unit pulls per DPCI is dumb..

Many times you will pull it, bring it out to the sales floor, realize it’s still full/overstocked, and backstock it again, then do it again the next day.

If priority fills are set at 70% OOS or higher than there is a much greater chance the item will actually go out and it’s only pulling items that genuinely need to be filled not one or two eaches here and there. I don’t mind pulling it once enough sells to make the trip worth it. That time saved here can be used for audits, zoning, reshop, truck push, etc.

Back