Upcoming Operational changes

I find them a huge waste of time..

For example one glue stick or pen selling will drop into a OFO to fill the floor when the item really doesn’t need to be “filled” after just one unit selling. The whole one or two unit pulls per DPCI is dumb..

Many times you will pull it, bring it out to the sales floor, realize it’s still full/overstocked, and backstock it again, then do it again the next day.

If priority fills are set at 70% OOS or higher than there is a much greater chance the item will actually go out and it’s only pulling items that genuinely need to be filled not one or two eaches here and there. I don’t mind pulling it once enough sells to make the trip worth it. That time saved here can be used for audits, zoning, reshop, truck push, etc.
I'd say 99% of my 1-4-1s go out. Sometimes it missed the mark when I am still working freight, but sell product at the same time. or there's a random reshop/stray thrown into the mix. Sometimes, on good days, it helps maintain my zone. Instead of pulling an item/items forward, I am just restocking the shelf, and filling the space - no double work of zoning, just to push it back to restock.

It would be super annoying to pull a glue stick, stock a glue stick, and then pull it again next time - ie BTS. But 1-4-1s work in my area.

: knocks wood :

Last edited:
At our huddle today, our SD announced that closing teams would now be required to stay an hour after closing to ensure the zone is perfect. The evening zone is back folks. Everything old is new again! Guess corporate realized that zoning each night makes stores look better.

It would be super annoying to pull a glue stick, stock a glue stick, and then pull it again next time - ie BTS. But 1-4-1s work in my area.

: knocks wood :
The worst area for 141s by far is checklane candy, specifically gum/mint. Depending on the size of your store they can have anywhere from 12 to 48 locations which you have to check every time and if the SFQ is off it takes forever to properly update.

I wonder who decided the one for one system should be axed. It has been a consistent "can't be red" metric for quite a bit now. They even recently started going hard on stores under a certain percentage in my group.

The idea of pulling once capacity is at around 70% is a good idea though that should satisfy most as a compromise.

At our huddle today, our SD announced that closing teams would now be required to stay an hour after closing to ensure the zone is perfect. The evening zone is back folks. Everything old is new again! Guess corporate realized that zoning each night makes stores look better.
With only 1 closer in all of gm in a super, that hour won’t make much difference.

If TBR has shown me anything it is that most of the time these kind of decisions are made at the regional or district level, not corporate. And that often includes tests to see how changes affect operations. It's a method of promoting.

I dont really know much and dont want to give anything away to be more discreet but the hours for next month got allocated completely different at my store. A lot of hours in unload is all im going to say. Have a feeling a few of these changes might be happening at my store.

If TBR has shown me anything it is that most of the time these kind of decisions are made at the regional or district level, not corporate. And that often includes tests to see how changes affect operations. It's a method of promoting.

It's always at the group / district level I would say. Lots of districts struggling with different things. Mine for example, we know brand is important it and is something we keep in mind, but the absolute focus of all visits, from any personnel, have been involving service and nothing but service.

I dont really know much and dont want to give anything away to be more discreet but the hours for next month got allocated completely different at my store. A lot of hours in unload is all im going to say. Have a feeling a few of these changes might be happening at my store.

For July we were forced to allocate A LOT of our payroll to the front end in my district. It sounds like it's either different or they are wanting to pilot changes for the new year in Q4, which they've actually done before.

Our closing teams are already there 30 minutes after store closing and it’s not that busy in the evening. If you had more staff at closing you could get the zone done.

Oh the old days of being there til 2am on Easter/Christmas because the store was a train wreck.

My store currently closes at 10 and the closers are NEVER out before 11, usually 1130-12. And when fulfillment finishes, we have to stay to support the floor.

There is no team pushing during the morning, all of unload is done in the afternoon/evening. Morning team only consists of fulfillment, fitting room, fresh market, tech, and whoever is setting on Plano.
So basically the only salesfloor coverage in the morning is a person or two who are setting plano's? Because fullfillment can't do much on salesfloor and, FR, market and tech can barely leave their dept's. Do go-backs just wait for the afternoon?

So basically the only salesfloor coverage in the morning is a person or two who are setting plano's? Because fullfillment can't do much on salesfloor and, FR, market and tech can barely leave their dept's. Do go-backs just wait for the afternoon?
They do at my store. GM/Grocery dayside does exactly zero reshop. As Closing TL I come in to at least two three tiers of GM/Grocery reshop daily. We leave zero at close. We also pull/push 90% of the One for Ones for the store (we don’t hit 90% but we go between 70-80%). Oh and push truck that is left. Which there always is.

We are not testing anything. It’s just how dayside rolls here.

But that was never a thing at my store. We close at 10 and everyone is clocked out within 5-10 minutes later...minus the GSTL and Closing TL. If the additional hour becomes a legit thing, there will be a lot of unhappy closers.

stores going back to great by 8am apparently. No more DBOs. Everyone hands on deck to get truck pushed by 8am. Think 2 throwers, 8 sorters (one in each bay) , & wave push truck freight. All ETLs and TLs push as well to get truck pushed by 8am.
You honestly expect me to believe ETL's and TL's would be pushing EVERY day? That alone makes me think you perhaps forgot the sarcasm font. Thanks for the laugh anyway!

Correct. Go-backs are picked up by the DBOs when they come in at 1. Or are worked out by front end TMs in the morning when it's quiet.

What is this "huddle" you speak of? 😂

Back