Upcoming Operational changes

But that was never a thing at my store. We close at 10 and everyone is clocked out within 5-10 minutes later...minus the GSTL and Closing TL. If the additional hour becomes a legit thing, there will be a lot of unhappy closers.
It was a thing at every store at one time. I'm guessing you have been with Target for a shorter time than those of us remembering going home at 2-3 am and having to come in late for a clopen shift.

At my store all of gm and style stay an hour past close at minimum and even then they don't finish returns and zone. Our store gets trashed daily and we have like the highest returns in our group

From a GS standpoint this would be huge. GM experts never respond when we need an item pulled from the back. It was so nice to just be able to call “backroom” instead of trying to find the exact person who works the area
The problem with the DBO system is every individual is responsible for their own guests / area, of course if your store is like mine very few people are actually "responsible". Then there's no staffing to cover anyway... and I hate to say it but I worked for K-Mart and TRU at the beginning of the century and they both tried this modernization bullshit we're currently doing. I don't believe "third time's the charm" in this instance...

Modernization would be fine if Target actually gave the payroll to support it properly. However, in reality, here's a real conversation I had with our Inbound/PP1 TL a couple weeks ago.

TL: Hey, Seasonaldude, if you can jump out of fulfillment can you please push chem.

Me: Yes, but where's [DBO]? He nevers calls in.

TL: On vacation and no one else is scheduled for chem today.

Me: What? Did [ETL] just forget to schedule someone?

TL: No she had to cut DBO hours because corporate is demanding open to close coverage for back to school. We'll be down one area everyday for the near future. Today is chem's day.

Shit like that is one reason modernization doesn't work.

I thought RIGs was system lead Research (Research Investigation Group) -- aka now system lead Audits
Yes, years ago the Instocks team completed research tasks that were like today’s audits - the biggest difference was that those scans led to batches : that we had to pull and then push after ! The more we scanned - the larger the batches.

You honestly expect me to believe ETL's and TL's would be pushing EVERY day? That alone makes me think you perhaps forgot the sarcasm font. Thanks for the laugh anyway!
Ummm...first day ours have done so...in forever. Its true. No joke

I'm more cleaning/cashiering now but we on the front end get out around 10:15 at the latest. As long as I'm not on the floor I'm not inclined or needed to work past 10 anyway. I've seen the way people on the floor (figuratively) break their necks running around trying to get everything done at an impossible rate.

I do everything I can to avoid touching the floor stuff these days. Call me lazy if you want but I don't want to get the shit on my shoulders like the floor people here. My schedule says 10, I'll give you an extra 10 or 15 minutes if the end of day front-end lines are long but other than that, nah, not interested.

ETA: And while I'm talking about being glad I'm not one of those people, I'm double glad I've never learned fulfillment. Those guys get even more shit piled on them than the floor folks do!

Last edited:
Back