Archived Using PDA in connection with Instant Substitute signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused about the Instant Substitute signs. I occasionally do Instocks, and if I make an IS sign, do I have to use the PDA sign setup function? If so, how do I use it correctly? (I'm not scheduled again until 1/1, and I'm not all that keen ongoing and asking on my days off.)

Thanks!

BF

Instant subs are created when you do a rain check pad on PDA. That is the only way to active a sub or change from one sub to a new sub. That happens when you run out of first sub product.
The exception is the tpc's in pfresh.

Once your sign is printed, you take the PDA and go the RF Apps. Then it's 4 for Signing, 2 for Scannable signs, yes for the date, and go to the aisles of your first sign. Type/Scan that aisle number and then hit the barcodes on your signs. Some signs won't scan up, ask the area's ETL if they want it up still. The reason this has to be done(my first store we used to pick an aisles and dump scan them) is something with pricing/signing accuracy scores or something.

to print the sub signs:
under options 8 specialized for rainchecks in rf apps, do research in color screen. then go to rf apps, do the pad option 1, & do the sub under option 2. print your signing batch at signing pc. dont forget to scan in the sign! sorry for the confusion.
on the signs that dont scan is called a "bar code", usually caused by reprinting of the sign or urgent batch, a bug in system.

I've been trained on what to do, but in many cases not why to do it. Thanks for clarifying.

To scan your signs in correctly, in RF applications hit 4,2,1, yes for date. Enter the aisle the substituted item is in. (not always the same as the item that is on sale). Scan the barcode on that sign to tie it to that aisle. This is for the add takedown team so they are directed to this aisle to take down this sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back