Archived Using the bathroom on/off the clock?

Is it ok to use the bathroom on the clock?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, you’re making me feel a little bad.
I have actually been annoyed in the past that it takes some tm 15 minutes to prepare to go on thier 15 and then another 15 minutes to return, if ever.
I have been with them when at 1:15 they put away what they are working on, stop to chat, shop while walking to tsc to go on break, make a purchase, use the restroom, go to thier locker, put on thier coat and THEN turn to me and say: “ going on my 15, see you at 1:45 “, they come back at 1:45, put the coat away, check locker, chat at tsc, check the schedule, submit a punch correction/vacation/whatever, sit at tsc “cause they are leaving in 5”, punch out. Not a second of productivity in the last 45 minutes of shift and i’m The bitch if I say anything.
When I was gstl it was easier to tell a cashier: “shut off your light, look at the time on the register, do whatever you like, when you RETURN the time on your register should be 15 minutes later”. Much harder to do that on the salesfloor, I have tried. Even tried to coach a tm once, was told by HR that I shouldn’t stop watch the team since it isn’t fair, not every tm is kept to a strict 15 minute break by the other TL and that is why my team has problems with me. She really said that. Another TL was told not to closely monitor breaks also, he was told different tm have different needs.
That sounds like a hell of a problem. I mean I get it taking an 18 minute break sometimes but everyday or often is a problem. Fact is it takes up to two or three minutes to walk back to your work station and continue working and even longer if you're working truck because no vehicles can be on the floor so you're walking all the way to the back and hauling out a vehicle. Say goodbye to 5 minutes + your 18 minute break that is 23 minutes of zero productivity added with your 30 min lunch and your likely longer than should be last 15 minute break and you literally just missed out on working 20 or so cases out which will be left to be pushed by someone else.

18 minutes to go to the restroom? I'd go to an ER!

I voted yes, however I also agree with @Far from newbie about how some TMs seem to take a 15-minute bathroom break and then take their 15-minute non-bathroom break. And they do this consistently. They're the same ones that dink around with putting away their coat and other things AFTER they've clocked in. And of course they get their coat on etc. before clocking out. I know it's small, but it adds up over time.

18 minutes to go to the restroom? I'd go to an ER!
Seriously, I've sometimes wondered what takes so long. I often work by the restroom near the pharmacy. Since I'd really rather not know very much about my co-workers' bathroom habits, I try to not pay attention. But I gotta tell ya, sometimes it's hard to NOT notice.

5 to 10 minutes, tops. Anything else (unless you have a medical problem) is time clock fraud, or whatever jargon Spot uses for that.

That sounds like a hell of a problem. I mean I get it taking an 18 minute break sometimes but everyday or often is a problem. Fact is it takes up to two or three minutes to walk back to your work station and continue working and even longer if you're working truck because no vehicles can be on the floor so you're walking all the way to the back and hauling out a vehicle. Say goodbye to 5 minutes + your 18 minute break that is 23 minutes of zero productivity added with your 30 min lunch and your likely longer than should be last 15 minute break and you literally just missed out on working 20 or so cases out which will be left to be pushed by someone else.

I would count moving vehicles on and off the salesfloor as working.

I honestly just go when I want without telling anyone, then again I’m in beauty typically by myself without a lead ever coming to my section

When I first started at Target, I had a TL tell me that the 15 minute break was a "Privilege". Ahh, no no, it's a requirement according to our labor laws.
I'd tell him having me on his team is a privilege and if you want me making your fries with spit in it next week at McDonalds for the same pay I'll gladly do that to spite them. Shit sorry- I hate one of my bosses A LOT lol...

Obvious answer: I shit or piss when I need to but I try to do it on breaks. If it doesn't arise as a bodily function issue during a break then it's gonna have to be during paid time. I literally eat twice a day; once at work and once for dinner and if something makes me have to shit during the middle of my shift ...what are you gonna do? Not shit myself- that's what. People who take a 15 daily and go to the bathroom right after their 15 min break are the problem. You had 15 min-- you have a phone you can browse on while on the toilet...you aint missing out on your break time to go poop. Fucking ugh...then I get talked to about not finishing my boat like wtf dude go talk to the guy who took a 17 min break and then went to take a shit in the employee bathroom a half hour later...dude prob got 30 min off his shift paid for being lazy and/or having to go that bad...I wont judge unless it happens often

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back