Archived Using the walkies

Status
Not open for further replies.
A LOT of leaders like to run the store from their walkies instead of physically moving around to actually see for themselves. NOT cool and VERY lazy on their part.

HOW is that even possible?
Yes like when you call them for a guest and they want you to switch to three and tell them all about it before they come to said guest. Usually I have to walk off the floor because I don’t need the guest trying to interject or hearing what shit might fly out the LODs mouth.

If I’m calling you, it’s for a reason. I’ve exhausted all my options. I’m pretty good at putting out guest fires and they know it.

And that is the reason why my walkie ends up on the floor a foot away before I unfasten my pants.
That's why I shut mine off. I don't have to listen to them and they don't know I'm in the bathroom and I can shit in peace

Switch23's Walkie Do's and Don'ts:

Do:
Have extended conversations over channel 1 (especially if you are an ETL/STL)
Talk either as close to the walkie as possible or as far away as your arm can possibly extend, the idea is that we don't want it to be in the middle
Make plans with your fellow team members about what your plans are for lunch (Again especially if you are an ETL/STL)
Take as many walkies as you want, try and get the full surround sound experience even if that means another team member doesn't get a walkie
ANNOUNCE AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE ABOUT WHO JUST GOT A REDCARD BECAUSE WE ALL NEED TO HEAR THIS

Don't:
Use any channel besides 1, switching channels takes too much work
Turn your walkie on, it's better off sometimes to have the peace and quiet without it (this one is for real tho)
Turn it off when you are taking a break, all of your other team members in the breakroom need to stay informed about what is going on out on the floor
Put your walkie on the charger, time is money and it takes way too much time to put it back on the charger

It's cute, too bad this is all based on reality.
Switch23's Walkie Do's and Don'ts:

Do:
Take as many walkies as you want, try and get the full surround sound experience even if that means another team member doesn't get a walkie
Half guilty here. Sometimes the fitting room desk starts looking like an evil overlord's command center from the amount of equipment that softlines folks are leaving for other softlines folks to use. If I work morning or mid, I take my equipment back but leave the rest, if I close I take it all up at the end of my shift rather than early on.

Don't:
Turn it off when you are taking a break, all of your other team members in the breakroom need to stay informed about what is going on out on the floor
Now this one I've got to disagree with. A couple of times softlines needed the zebra that was in my back pocket so I had to hear they needed it and tell them where I was located. Lots of times people didn't hear that someone was on break and hearing their name a couple times, a TM on break can get on the walkie for a couple seconds to say "I'm on break", rather than people needing something wasting time trying to figure out where the person is instead of knowing to wait patiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back