Archived Using vibe to get clearence items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last night I got a call (I was operator) and this guest was asking to see if we had some hello kitty items on clearance. I put her on hold and checked the end cap that is across from the fitting room. So we had the item and I told her that we had it, but we couldn't hold it because it was clearance. She said "well because of the vibe you have to put it on hold". I was speechless mind you and I told her again "it's clearance, target policy is that we can't hold clearance". She wanted to speak with a manager. I transferred her and because my LOD was doing orientation and was alone, a TL had to pick up the call. The TL said the same thing as me, but I guess the lady was really pushing the vibe and all this, so my TL told her "fine but just this once, we can't hold clearance items". Later on my TL came over to me and told me that this person was a TM from another store and saw her discount card. Has this happened to anyone else? What is best practice when it comes to this?

honestly, if a "guest" mentioned the vibe I would have stuck to my guns about the no holding clearance. There is no way the guests in our area know about the vibe. Except the one we argued for a big ticket item at another store to be held(they had 4, it's not like the last one). This guy had been to 4 stores in the area and none of them had it. Our stores are not close together, this is a huge deal. The team member argued and argued with Ms. Cushy Pants about not holding it....until she asked for an LOD. I kept telling him to do a little Vibe.

I've been holding clearance items because of the can't say no policy now.

I occasionally hold clearance, but someone referencing the vibe should've known the clearance hold policy before they made that phone call. I wouldn't have done it for them. I've wanted to do it for a lady who was at another store (item wasn't clearance at that store) and was driving way out of the way for the last pair of boots for her granddaughter, buuut my TL was in the fitting room and put the kibosh on that one.

Since my store's policy regarding clearance and seasonal items seems to change every other day and nobody tells me because I'm not scheduled when it changes, if a guest asks me, I check with a TL or the LOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back