Archived Vacation Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never really paid attention to my vacation hours until I got trained to do payroll for HR. So now I have some questions because I'm not really getting straight answers at work, haha.

How are vacation hours accrued? What is the limit (the maximum) of vacation hours one can have? How can one ROUTINELY use vacation hours? What is the amount of vacation hours one can use in a given time? How will MyTime affect the use of vacation hours?

Thanks in advance!

From another thread:
Anyone know what the minimum requirements to begin to accrue all of that is? I've exceeded 1,000 hours worked and got a packet about the 401k, but still have 0.0 of all of the things in the title. I've been with spot for 7 months now. I'm at like 34 hours/wk average for 2014 but my 2013 was lower, will I need to wait until 2015?

Thanks for the help, tried searching but didn't come up with much.

There should have been an automatic calculation of your hours after 6 months to determine your status of Full Time/Part Time for paid leave accrual purposes. If your average weekly hours for those 6 mos. is more than 31.5, you begin accruing 1 week of vacation and 2 personal holidays per year. You will also be eligible for paid holidays on Thanksgiving and Christmas. If it is under 31.5 you will begin to accrue vacation after you exceed 1,000 hours at a rate of one week per year. You will not be eligible for Personal or National holidays for that year. There will not be another calculation until the annual one which is either January 1st or February 1st. It doesn't go into effect until April meaning if you are part time after 6 months you will have to wait until April to accrue Full Time paid leave benefits.
Given what it says on your pay and benefits page, it appears you are full time. You can be sure by checking your avg hours on eHR under the paycheck tab. It should even show a break down of your averages month by month. Keep in mind averages are calculated at the beginning of the month and for your "6 month mark" it only counts full months so if you were hired October 5th, October wouldn't count as a month worked so you would start accruing the first week of May.
The max amt of vacation is roughly 240 hours.

The maximum amount of vacation you can accrue is double whatever you're eligible to accrue in a year. I can get up to 3 weeks per year right now, so I could accrue up to 6 which is 240 hours.

Years of Service / Annual Accrual Limit
Up to 5 yrs Up to 2 weeks (80 hrs)
5 to less than 10 yrs Up to 3 weeks (120 hrs)
10 to less than 25 yrs Up to 4 weeks (160 hrs)
25+ yrs Up to 5 weeks (200 hrs)
You accrue (earn) vacation hours each pay period based on your hours paid, position and years of service. You can keep all unused vacation hours at the end of the year up to two times your annual accrual limit. If you reach your maximum accrual limit, you will stop accruing vacation hours until you use some of your hours.

This straight from the Pay & Benefits site.

Years of Service / Annual Accrual Limit
Up to 5 yrs Up to 2 weeks (80 hrs)
5 to less than 10 yrs Up to 3 weeks (120 hrs)
10 to less than 25 yrs Up to 4 weeks (160 hrs)
25+ yrs Up to 5 weeks (200 hrs)
You accrue (earn) vacation hours each pay period based on your hours paid, position and years of service. You can keep all unused vacation hours at the end of the year up to two times your annual accrual limit. If you reach your maximum accrual limit, you will stop accruing vacation hours until you use some of your hours.

This straight from the Pay & Benefits site.

Are you a TL? I ask because when I was a TM it was
1 week 0-5 years
2 weeks 5-10 years
3 weeks 10-25 years
4 weeks 25 years+
I know TLs got a week more per year
It would be nice if Target increased vacation accrual for TMs

Are you a TL? I ask because when I was a TM it was
1 week 0-5 years
2 weeks 5-10 years
3 weeks 10-25 years
4 weeks 25 years+
I know TLs got a week more per year
It would be nice if Target increased vacation accrual for TMs
Oops that must be the case then. I am a TL.

WHAT!!!!!! i HAVE BEEN SERIOUSLY SCREWED! I took this up with HR and called the TMSC and was told that to get vacay hours I needed to average a MINIMUM of 20/week and then that they only evaluated it 1-2 x/year- if you don't meet the requirements then you get nothing. I averaged 19.8(steady) Reading all of this stuff here I am seriously pissed. I have worked way over 1000 hours and only NOW have I started to get vacay hours . My benefits book said that the min. was 19.5 avg to qualify for vacay hours..

Last edited:
Yup. Since target dropped my hours down so much I have stopped accruing vacation time. Which I got the notice about AFTER I used my last 3 vacation days.
Yet another reason to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back