Vacation Time before putting in notice

Little late for OP but if you didn't work up to your average you can go back for like 6 weeks and retroactive up to your average weekly hours. This is what my HR TM told me and I did it for the pay period before I left and I got it all. So I'll just miss the PH and PTO that I earned for like 2 weeks or so.
I do this whenever I haven’t worked my average (40) hours.

I am happy that California requires employers to pay out vacation time. It was annoying when I lost the 58 hours of sick time I had accrued.
Did they pay out sick time when you left? Now, they only do vacation/PH but not sick time.

I was told mine vacation wouldn't be cashed out and it was. Check your state laws ;)
Lucky they don't pay out here where I live. In fact every time I try use my vacation for than say for more than two days they automatically reject it. It not like there's isn't 1 person besides me who is in the department who would be overwhelmed there's fucking 5 in it. I even did that stupid thing where they say take a couple of days off one week and then take the couple off the next week and they still rejected it. How do I do get them to stop auto rejecting my vacation?

If it’s auto rejecting that means no one is looking at it. Go to your leader that writes the schedule and let them know you put a time off request in. Make sure you put a reason for time off, they’re denied if we don’t put a reason we want it off. As soon as it is autodenied let that leader know that no one looked at your time off and you can’t work.

Back