Archived venting a bit sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no store is prefect and i'm pretty sure a few of you have this problem, but i just to vent.
I have this team member who just became a TL for my department which is PFresh. He was pretty chill and a cool guy. Once he got the position of TL he completely changed. I understand that with the new position means you have some more responsibilities, but he does do a damn thing anymore in his department. He'll do the morning routines once and then goes off to another department. When I open for market i make sure all my pulls get done, all my stuff is back stocked, and all my trash get thrown out that way i don't leave the closer in a bad spot. This guy just leaves the room just trashed. I've already talk to my LOD for out department and even though he knows i'm right, he still sides with the other guy. I've also brought it up with the TL himself and he just gives me some half ass explanation that i know is bs. I love my job right now cause i came from being a cart pusher about 4 months ago so the change is just amazing, but he is making me want to leave.

So no store is prefect and i'm pretty sure a few of you have this problem, but i just to vent.
I have this team member who just became a TL for my department which is PFresh. He was pretty chill and a cool guy. Once he got the position of TL he completely changed. I understand that with the new position means you have some more responsibilities, but he does do a damn thing anymore in his department. He'll do the morning routines once and then goes off to another department. When I open for market i make sure all my pulls get done, all my stuff is back stocked, and all my trash get thrown out that way i don't leave the closer in a bad spot. This guy just leaves the room just trashed. I've already talk to my LOD for out department and even though he knows i'm right, he still sides with the other guy. I've also brought it up with the TL himself and he just gives me some half ass explanation that i know is bs. I love my job right now cause i came from being a cart pusher about 4 months ago so the change is just amazing, but he is making me want to leave.

That sounds miserable....we had our CTL position completely cut so I am doing the role of CTL....its great working mostly mornings and getting tons of hours but its basically doing EVERYTHING my CTL did plus what I did allready and not getting a penny more for it. Same paygrade as the other 2 PAs and a ton more work and responsibility...oh well, I like opening :). My direct TL now is in charge of ALL of Hardlines including Electronics and Consumables. Between Wednesday and Friday I had to jump in to help C+S for 7 or so hours between the 2 days....love having 2 people schedule wednesday to push and 4 on friday.

Today I came in and did the SDA and Culling and QMOSed all of that...tons of liquids.

Did all the pulls and backstocked Freezer and Produce so we would have 2 green racks for C+S push. Had to bring back dairy because it was completely full and I couldnt work everything out in 30 minutes due to fifoing a bunch of product. Went to huddle after I pushed the pull back to retemp.

Had huddle and I pushed out milk that came in which was 32 cartons of milk, so 128 gallons. Our vendor just leaves everything on a pallet that they bring in so I have to take it all off the pallet and stack it onto the flatbed.

Went back and finished the last of the dairy pull. Had more liquid from the dairy push to QMOS and had a whole bin of QMOS to be pushed down along with cardboard by the bailer.

Jumped in and helped C+S push from 9:30-1 and had lunch around 10:40. I pushed out Bakery and Meat by myself and also helped with half the produce and all of the dairy pull.

We had to make a bail after we finished C+S a little early and had a whole cage of cardboard. Thankfully 2 of the guys were trained so I helped them move a few things so they could make a bail and then helped them move it all back. Went back and did QMOS that was found from the truck. Also did some cleaning in the ambient room on the countertop with the scale, the QMOS bin and the Sink.

Looked on the message boards for order information and any other news, printed off all of those. Went to the back to check dates and then came onto the floor to do the order. There was a cart of PTM product that also needed to be pushed out so I took care of that. Printed labels for the PTM that I pushed out plus some that we had flexed onto a pfresh cooler endcap earlier. Finally headed to TMSC and ordered more ICE and then was out for the day...whew...what a day.

Also did not do freshness friday because touching up and zoning shoes is more important...sigh...

Last edited:
That's okay.
Part of what we are here for is to give people a safe place to rant.
Sounds like you're caught between a rock and a hard place.
Don't let them grind you down.

just thought id update y'all @pfreshdude and @commiecorvus
My TL in pfresh still can't get anything right. A member of our team was scheduled to work 48 hours next week which is obviously a big no no. I luckily have 38 hours. So his bright idea to fix this was to take a shift a way from the other guy and place it on my schedule. So now not only did he put me on a day i'm unavailable, i now have 47 hours. I only assume its him that did this cause he has a tendency to mess with our teams schedule all the time. -___-

I would not judge too fast. Your TL maybe in a position where they are having to cover other areas. But if he isn't, I would just document on what he fails at and against procedure.

just thought id update y'all @pfreshdude and @commiecorvus
My TL in pfresh still can't get anything right. A member of our team was scheduled to work 48 hours next week which is obviously a big no no. I luckily have 38 hours. So his bright idea to fix this was to take a shift a way from the other guy and place it on my schedule. So now not only did he put me on a day i'm unavailable, i now have 47 hours. I only assume its him that did this cause he has a tendency to mess with our teams schedule all the time. -___-
If he is scheduling habits are like this, then your ETL-HR and area ETL needs to be aware of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back