Very Important!!!! Locking Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a SRTL and just completed my 90 days... I went through and did my normal-closing lock up routine.. I made an error in not turning the lights off correctly..I waited for like 10 minutes outside and realized i would have to go back in. I went back in to make sure they were offf and while i was in there I decide to double check the cash office (I was 99% sure it was done correctly) to make sure the safe was closed and the cash office was secure.. It was my first night closing after my 90 days. It was after 11 pm because we had sgin take down... IIsGoing back into the cash office after 11 by myself a huge problem??.. just to make sure everything is secure... Or is this no big deal just dont make a habit of it thing..

My intentions were to make sure everything was secure... I dont wanna lose my job over the safe not being closed..

Thanks

Take my word for this --- besides being on Spots "Eye-In-The-Sky" --

Anything out of normal with the alarms is looked at -- setting / shunting then setting again --

Obviously explaining what happened to your STL counts as honesty points --

I'm sure the A / P guys will chime in after they had their morning coffee
coffee.gif

Given your relative newness to doing this on your own, a little paranoia on your part for making sure everything is off/on and set for the night is expected. If they ask, I'm sure your explanation will put to rest any of their concerns. It's like anything with Target, as long as you can speak as to why you did something out of the norm you should be fine.

Removed your name from your post - all things considered, the more anonymous we can remain on the boards, the better. Please keep that in mind in the future.

I am a SRTL and just completed my 90 days... I went through and did my normal-closing lock up routine.. I made an error in not turning the lights off correctly..I waited for like 10 minutes outside and realized i would have to go back in. I went back in to make sure they were offf and while i was in there I decide to double check the cash office (I was 99% sure it was done correctly) to make sure the safe was closed and the cash office was secure.. It was my first night closing after my 90 days. It was after 11 pm because we had sgin take down... IIsGoing back into the cash office after 11 by myself a huge problem??.. just to make sure everything is secure... Or is this no big deal just dont make a habit of it thing..

My intentions were to make sure everything was secure... I dont wanna lose my job over the safe not being closed..

Thanks

This is not meant to be a personal attack...why would you even THINK of arming the cash office if you were not sure everything was done before you armed it? I would never have done that. Once I armed the Cash Office anything left in there would be there until the next morning...period. No exceptions. EVER.

It's better to have left any "oopsies" behind a locked, armed door than to disarm/unlock & re-enter.

why would it be better? what if cash was out or something and then it would be automatic CCA, I figure his STL/AP would understand, I know mine would.

Most likely depends on the leadership.
I know mine would have a conniption if someone disarmed & unlocked the CO.

I guess, if I was seriously doubting that i forgot something in the cash office, I would have thrown myself on my sword and called my STL or at least the alarm center. Even though the alarm center would have made you call and wake up your STL anyways.....

It's better to have left any "oopsies" behind a locked, armed door than to disarm/unlock & re-enter.

Anything money not in the safe or in a closed register can/will lead to CCA. I'm very protective of my cash office!

As was I, which is why I always went in with my closing ETL & made sure EVERYTHING was IN the safe.

My store does it the same way, GSTL and LOD always go into 239 together to lock up the money.

Yup. It was made very clear that GSAs are responsible for cash office, first and foremost. I'll be damned if the LOD messes up on my watch!

My store the GSA/GSTL always goes into the CO with the LOD at closing, but its the LOD's responsibility to make sure the CO is safe&secure before arming it.

Its the GSA's responsibility following a cash office shift to make sure that all funds are secure.

I actually got put on CCA because I accidentally forgot to place a small portion of money into the safe at the end of my CO shift (despite it being in a locked room).

I actually got put on CCA because I accidentally forgot to place a small portion of money into the safe at the end of my CO shift (despite it being in a locked room).
Duly noted. Can't say my store really follows BP.
On the other hand, we had a noob ETL who forgot to disarm before opening CO. He'd gone out to the floor & I was just getting set up for the day's count when there were suddenly cops pounding at the door, demanding to know if I was OK. I said yes but I wouldn't open the door until they got the LOD up there.
After the second time it happened, he was gone.

On the other hand, we had a noob ETL who forgot to disarm before opening CO. He'd gone out to the floor & I was just getting set up for the day's count when there were suddenly cops pounding at the door, demanding to know if I was OK. I said yes but I wouldn't open the door until they got the LOD up there.

Wow! Our ETLs always joke about how they hope that never happens to them lol.

That etl was dumb or what?

Same thing happened once at my last store. Oddly, TAC didn't even call first. There first phone call was the cops.....

TAC apparently didn't call the 1st time. I was coming up as he opened the door so I didn't realize what he'd done.
The second time, I was near him when he unlocked the door & opened it as I yelled "Wait!".
Afterwards, I told him he'd better go to tmsc & wait for the cops.

Your store had you wait 90 days before closing by yourself as LOD. My first day on the floor back "training" a term I use loosely, I closed by myself. Every other LOD was gone by 5 and the STL was on vacation.Luckily for me I had watched the LODs enough in the past to be able to effectively close up shop. I am glad you took necessary precautions to safeguard your job and store assets. I would definitely be up crony and talk to STL and AP about that experience and solicit feedback on what they prefer you doin the future. I am so glad my LOD and Target days are behind me!!!

What an epic failure.

Anything money not in the safe or in a closed register can/will lead to CCA. I'm very protective of my cash office!
oh I know, before I leave the CO I always do my personal "check list" I just point and each "section" and say what needed to be done IE "money in safe, safe locked, ect" I am sure AP scratches their head like "what the hell is he doing?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back