Very odd situation

Since Christmas our ETL-HR has not been seen, our ETL-GM has gone on LOA (and we have a Fill-In), SD is on "Vacation"... this morning I received on internal e-mail from the SD asking me for my personal phone number to discuss a situation that happened late last year. I have not responded as this strikes me as odd. 1) Why not ask me in the e-mail? 2) You're the SD, why don't you pull up my number in the computer? or 3) Why not just call me at store? I have two phones at my receiving desk. Am I wrong to be concerned about this? I'm really not sure what to do in this situation. Oh and did I mention the "Fill-In" has the SD keys and is acting nore like an SD than just an ETL. I feel like I should ask the ethics team what to do, but I thought I'd ask fere first. Any ideas?

Since Christmas our ETL-HR has not been seen, our ETL-GM has gone on LOA (and we have a Fill-In), SD is on "Vacation"... this morning I received on internal e-mail from the SD asking me for my personal phone number to discuss a situation that happened late last year. I have not responded as this strikes me as odd. 1) Why not ask me in the e-mail? 2) You're the SD, why don't you pull up my number in the computer? or 3) Why not just call me at store? I have two phones at my receiving desk. Am I wrong to be concerned about this? I'm really not sure what to do in this situation. Oh and did I mention the "Fill-In" has the SD keys and is acting nore like an SD than just an ETL. I feel like I should ask the ethics team what to do, but I thought I'd ask fere first. Any ideas?

I say trust your instincts.
All of your questions are valid but not really easy to answer without more information.
Keep your head down and don't volunteer anything unless the cops or top brass show up.
Then just tell the truth as best you can.
It sounds like a real can of worms.
Best to keep as far away from it as possible.

Sounds odd to me. Do they still actually work for Target (ETLS GM/HR)? Do you have any idea what the situation is? My first instinct is SD trying to cover his ass by having you vouch for him somehow.
I will say that I have known SDs who would have no idea where to find your phone number though

Last edited:
I say trust your instincts.
All of your questions are valid but not really easy to answer without more information.
Keep your head down and don't volunteer anything unless the cops or top brass show up.
Then just tell the truth as best you can.
It sounds like a real can of worms.
Best to keep as far away from it as possible.
I completely agree with commie’s advice. I don’t blame you for being suspicious. Sounds like your SD doesn’t want a record of your “discussion “ anywhere that Target can access it. Personally, I wouldn’t give the SD my phone number. Sounds like nothing good would come of it. Good luck, hope it works out well for you.

@Yetive ETL-GM official word is LOA (Been with Spot over a decade and seen a lot ETL/STLs go on LOA and never return, so...), ETL-HR not a word out of any leadership, just not there. My TL said SD on Vacation, but again if you're on vacation then why are you working....

To be fair me and my Sd always sent text or emails while we were on vacation if it was important enough .
But the issues here is that she/he could have simply asked you in the email about it just like she/he asked for your number .
If you want to call someone to ask , do not call hotline or ethics instead you can pm me and I can give you the contact for the lead investigator for target . Then you send her an email and keep a copy for yourself

Back