Very odd we're under plan a lot

Its really not if you look at whats forcasted based on last year. We were doing fine up til august and we began to miss alot. Coupled with higher expectations and the reluctance of shoppers to buy do to varying new factors this year opposed to last year its to be expected. That is if you are referring to being under sales I may have interpreted wrong.

Last edited:
Our numbers look very Target Red. No surprise with empty shelves, messy store, not enough TMs to get the job done, and lackluster deals. I don't see what competitive advantage Target has over other retailers anymore.

Our numbers look very Target Red. No surprise with empty shelves, messy store, not enough TMs to get the job done, and lackluster deals. I don't see what competitive advantage Target has over other retailers anymore.
Totally opposite from my store. Some areas are looking empty, sure, but supply chain issues continue to be a problem. The store isn't messy for the most part - some DBOs do better than others, but it's generally pretty good. My store is perhaps unusual in that we have good leaders who have been with the same store for quite a while and that leads to lower staff turnover.
Can't really speak to the quality of the deals - it's not something I pay attention to, not really liking to shop. But our numbers are still up over last year, which were way up compared to pre-covid.

Glad other stores are doing better. Versus planned number, we're not doing so hot. Foot traffic is about the same as this time last year but our numbers look like fulfillment orders eat into the in-store numbers. Nevertheless we've been struggling with unbelievable turnover and freight clogging up the line and backroom. As you can imagine it ain't pretty.

Glad other stores are doing better. Versus planned number, we're not doing so hot. Foot traffic is about the same as this time last year but our numbers look like fulfillment orders eat into the in-store numbers. Nevertheless we've been struggling with unbelievable turnover and freight clogging up the line and backroom. As you can imagine it ain't pretty.
Our backroom is FUBAR. Pallets on SF all day. Opu inf 12+, sfs inf 22+. Just a few months ago most of this would have been non negotiable, yet here we are…

If you're talking about sales, my store is under plan at all. We're way over. We're having to overspend so much on hours to support the increased sales, that we're desperately praying for flex hours coming in. (We should get them. We're way over on sales.) My own little area is getting shopped so hard it's crazy.

On the one hand, it's getting extremely difficult to meet the increased demands. On the other hand, it's nice having an implicit understanding throughout leadership that I do not backup. No, I'm not hopping on a register. No, I don't have that carryout. Cart party? Knock yourselves out. Fulfillment, hell no. Toys frieght backed up? That's nice and not my problem. I have toasters to stock, air fryers to put in the risers, and it looks like coffee mugs need to be zoned yet again.

They adjust plan throughout the year as market conditions change. They also will shift plan to separate out the people that bonus based on plan.

My old store has been poppin off asses to elbows on weekday mornings much more than I remember from when I worked there even though it still takes longer to check out than to get your license renewed at the DMV and it’s still three thousand kelvin and still the harsh cacophony of chirping and honking for ambience…they got a “now hiring” sign out front but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything for them

We've been 10-20% over plan most of the year, but we are running under this month.

Which is unbelievable, given how crowded the store is all the time and how much freight we have stuffed everywhere as we don't have enough space for it all. Presumably last year at this time sales were so high we can't even quite compete with ourselves, but damn. I've been here 4 years and I've never seen it so bad. Floor is overstocked because we have no room in the back. Cannibalizing backroom space for, say, toys only to have pallets upon pallets upon pallets of toys in the backroom. Grocery and seasonal are still oddly hit-or-miss, but toys, sports, home, etc. are all full to bursting.

Back