Archived Vibe Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kartman

MasterBlaster (User has passed away)
Thoughts on this? @ my store they are worth fiddy cents apiece up to a free meal combo from the café.

One of those & $1.89 will get you a tall coffee at my store.

Your store doesn't do that?

Nope.
TLs used to write 'em for free Starbucks drinks until they were abused ("Great job doing what you're SUPPOSED TO DO!").
We got nuthin' for vibe cards nowadays.
Red cards? That's another thing entirely....

I think they are being abused at my store. :(

At my store they all get placed into a bucket and at the end of the month three are pulled out and both the writer and addressee get anything $10 or less.

Lordy.

At my store they are worth .50 cents too but we get stuff off the bullseye store with them. I havn't bought a work shirt since I first started 6ish years ago.

Ours are worth stuff out of the bullseye shop...the more you collect, the better the item. But I don't save them since I rarely have anyone write me one. I pointed out to my ETL that no one has written me one since January, he looked like he wanted the floor to swallow him up since he said he realizes that means he hasn't written me any, either.

We just had a competition. Whoever wrote the most vibe cards for the month got a $25 restaurant gift card. She was awarded the gift card tonight at huddle, and promptly lost it before she got it home...and then had the nerve to text me and ask me to ask the ETL to requisition her out another one tomorrow. The ETL rolled her eyes and said "no." So thanks to her, I'm sure we'll never have that competition again, since it pretty much says to them that we don't appreciate the prizes.

What a cretin, RG.
Wait......I think I work with her sister.

We draw a couple names every month to get a random goody bag of crap. I rarely get any but write a couple ever shift on average.

We have separate cards for Starbucks drink rewards.

They're ridiculous at my store, my STL is obsessed with them and watches who writes them. I'll write out a couple when I genuinely want to thank someone, but generally they just annoy me. And to my knowledge, we don't get anything prize-wise out of writing them.

They pass them around (blank cards) at huddles and make everyone write one or two depending on the day. It's apart of visits to have vibe cards on the board, at least in my district. The more the better.

9 times out of 10 the cards essentially are saying "thank you for doing your job." I feel like recognition is good, but Target seems to go overboard with it.

I think ours goes:

5 cards = Free drink at Starbucks
10 cards = Free lunch
50 cards = Free item from Bullseye shop

I write them for huddles and that's about it. The vibe cards aren't worth squat at my store. We give away the whole store for red cards though.

Ain't that the truth...

Back when they were GTC cards I used to write them all the time.
Mostly because I felt like there were people who backed me up and made my job as a Signing Ninja a little easier every day.
Or they were just great to work with and I was glad they were there.
So many people don't get recognized for the work they do like the HR TM, so I would write him a card just to let him know.

Being a Signing Ninja means you're all over the store and it gives you more chances to do that.
But it's not about, hey you're doing your job so much as , hey I'm glad I'm working with you.

I have to admit I dropped off when they turned into Vibe cards.
Just couldn't get into it the same way.
Petty I know but there you are.

I think they're rather meaningless. They seem to mostly thank people for doing their job. They remind me of when kids are given 'participation' ribbons or trophies. Recognize people for going above and beyond, but anything else is insulting because you're treating a paid adult like a 5 year old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back when they were GTC cards I used to write them all the time.
Mostly because I felt like there were people who backed me up and made my job as a Signing Ninja a little easier every day.
Or they were just great to work with and I was glad they were there.
So many people don't get recognized for the work they do like the HR TM, so I would write him a card just to let him know.

Being a Signing Ninja means you're all over the store and it gives you more chances to do that.
But it's not about, hey you're doing your job so much as , hey I'm glad I'm working with you.

I have to admit I dropped off when they turned into Vibe cards.
Just couldn't get into it the same way.
Petty I know but there you are.

Same here. After the GTC cards, it got way to complicated with so many types of vibe cards and no spot to write the names, so I just stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back