Archived Virtual shopping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In keeping with my trend of being the last one to the party, this actually happened two years ago, but I just saw a post about it on Twitter today. Looks cool!

http://www.amusingplanet.com/2011/09/world-first-virtual-store-opens-in.html

"A major South Korean retailer has opened what it appears to be the world's first virtual store geared to smartphone users, with shoppers scanning barcodes of products displayed in a Seoul subway station. Homeplus, the nation’s second largest discount chain, is offering 500 items including food, electronics, office supplies and toiletries at its "store" at Seolleung station in the south of the city of 10 million.

Seven pillars and six platform screen doors have been plastered with images of life-size store shelves filled with goods -- such as milk, apples, a bag of rice or school backpacks -- which each carry a small barcode. Shoppers download a related application on their smartphone and make purchases by taking photos of the barcodes."

Okay look I'm gay and all, but I'd much rather not see that on the board where I go to relax, redeyes.

This is...wow. I dunno. I like the idea of the virtual store but it's a little weird. very different

Sounds like an interesting concept, but how does one actually get the merchandise?

Okay look I'm gay and all, but I'd much rather not see that on the board where I go to relax, redeyes.

Please make use of the Report Post button. Hopefully the mods will issue an IP ban.

Sounds like an interesting concept, but how does one actually get the merchandise?

Please make use of the Report Post button. Hopefully the mods will issue an IP ban.

Rock Lobster got it.
Sorry about that.
Some people are poisonous little smegheads who wouldn't understand the concept of polite society if it bit them on the ass.

Last edited:
I think the retailer delivers them to their home, office, or wherever they choose to have it delivered to. It's almost like a living, breathing version of FF, in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back