Archived Visit tomorrow wonder if I should ask what happened to my 2015 vacation pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's in the "vacation payout" section on myTime self service "use vacation/personal holiday" or something like that. You can request it be added to your check up to your average hours for the week you add it to. I'm not sure if you can request more, I haven't tried.
Ooh. I need to do that.

Ahh, I guess it's a way of forcing people to take vacation. Where I am now, we loose vacation time if we don't use it by jan 15. The cold months are our slow time so it doesn't matter if you use you time this time of year.
If you have a planned vacation in February or March, manager can over ride the hours until then. They have been trying to force people to take their days so that they don't lose them.

I'm thankful I live in a state where Target has to pay out the vacation hours. (Not thankful that I wasn't able to use the 30 something hours I'm getting paid back for).
The pay out for hours overage is this week's check right? I forgot to look on eHR at work today.

Hubby's work just pays then yearly on their anniversary whether they use it or not, why can't we just do that? Helps with retention from the company's side, helps with getting the pay if you can't really take vacation from the employees side.

Not sure if it's just me, but I can't seem to request pay from my (previously accrued) vacation "bank". Only from the "new" vacation hours, sick hours, and wellness hours. I've got 40+ vacation hours that I have accrued prior to this month, and can't seem to apply them to any pay requests. Am I missing something?

Not sure if it's just me, but I can't seem to request pay from my (previously accrued) vacation "bank". Only from the "new" vacation hours, sick hours, and wellness hours. I've got 40+ vacation hours that I have accrued prior to this month, and can't seem to apply them to any pay requests. Am I missing something?

When I logged in to use my vacation payout hours, I had to manually enter it into one of the slots labeled "vacation payout." If I pushed the button to add up to average hours, it wouldn't allow it. Maybe that's what's going on for you?

When I logged in to use my vacation payout hours, I had to manually enter it into one of the slots labeled "vacation payout." If I pushed the button to add up to average hours, it wouldn't allow it. Maybe that's what's going on for you?

Ya I talked to my HR last night and they said you have to manually put in vacation payout. I have 77 hours of vacation..I guess I should use some :)

So I read the PDF but I'm still lost as why I'm losing vacation hours and I'm getting it paid out to me on my check. Am I missing something?

The amount you're allowed to bank is decreasing, so anything over the new limit will be paid out to you.
So the new rules is 6 months to 5 years of service 40hrs annual & 60hrs maximum. I'm at 4 years & 7 months and had 60.9 hrs of vacation banked. Is that why I'm getting it payed out?

@RunForACallBox You can accrue 40 hours a year if you are under 5 years of service. You can only bank 1.5x that (60 hours). Anything that you accrued prior to 2016 is now in a "payout bank" and in order to use those hours you have to fill out a manual form. It cannot be done online.

@RunForACallBox You can accrue 40 hours a year if you are under 5 years of service. You can only bank 1.5x that (60 hours). Anything that you accrued prior to 2016 is now in a "payout bank" and in order to use those hours you have to fill out a manual form. It cannot be done online.

It can be done online, btw. You just can't push the button that automatically adds up to average hours. You have to type it into one of the boxes toward the bottom (near Friday and Saturday when you're looking at the online form) that says "vacation payout." I didn't even know you could do the vacation request on paper, though, so that's interesting info.

It can be done online, btw. You just can't push the button that automatically adds up to average hours. You have to type it into one of the boxes toward the bottom (near Friday and Saturday when you're looking at the online form) that says "vacation payout." I didn't even know you could do the vacation request on paper, though, so that's interesting info.

Just confirmed that with my hr. If you want to use your payount bank you cannot hit "fill up to average". You have to type it in. You are correct.

And what @Retail Girl said they DO have to be used first.

Yea, I used most of my vacation payout on my last check. Was interesting because no one knew how to do it lol. My hr didn't even know how at the time. I was poor enough to experiment though and I figured it out.

So since the start of this change over at the new year I have not accrued any new vacation time even though I'm under the payout cap. Is it true I have to use all of the remaining hours in the payout before I accrue new vacation hours?

So the new rules is 6 months to 5 years of service 40hrs annual & 60hrs maximum. I'm at 4 years & 7 months and had 60.9 hrs of vacation banked. Is that why I'm getting it payed out?
It's actually ONE WEEK OF AVERAGE HOURS. If your average is only 30, you earn 30 hours of vacation a year, and your max to bank is 45.

So since the start of this change over at the new year I have not accrued any new vacation time even though I'm under the payout cap. Is it true I have to use all of the remaining hours in the payout before I accrue new vacation hours?
No. If you're under the new cap you should be earning hours. I am.

I am glad I left when I did so I could get all that vacation time but they basically took out half for taxes... gurrr... that government!

New ones should show in vacation and old ones are in vacation payout.

No. If you're under the new cap you should be earning hours. I am.
Wait... People who are over the cap aren't accruing new vacation time? Oh they're gonna be pissed. Everyone at my store seems to be somewhat in the dark about this new vacation stuff. My hr people don't even seem to have the same info.

New ones should show in vacation and old ones are in vacation payout.

Wait... People who are over the cap aren't accruing new vacation time? Oh they're gonna be pissed. Everyone at my store seems to be somewhat in the dark about this new vacation stuff. My hr people don't even seem to have the same info.
That has never changed. It's always been, once you reach the cap you stop earning vacation until you spend some. This is nothing new. It's just that the cap was lowered.

I didn't even know there was a cap before. My coworkers I guess even though they all have hundreds of hours have never reached the old max (maybe they were using them at such a pace that they maintained a gazillion while also staying away from the maximum) so they've never been at a point where they weren't accruing vacation. Maybe that's why everyone's so up in arms?

The thing is, there still hasn't been a clarification of the new policy to any of them. I I know a couple people called the tmsc number and they told them "ask your hr." Then we have 4 HR people who all have said different things. I'm not gonna worry about getting any more info because I'm not saving up vacation hours. I'll never take a vacation with the pittance I'm being paid. Rather take all the money now (I am down to 5 hours haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back