Archived W-2s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCashier

Cashier
When do W-2s come out and how do I get mine online from paperless employee?

Btw this is my first job and my first W-2 so I really have no idea how it works.

They are usually finalized by the 31st. If you go into EHR on a target computer there should be a section to view your W2. You can print that or wait for Target to mail it to you.

I believe paper ones will be at the store by January 16th. The day to get the electronic version already passed.

This is probably a stupid question haha but I only worked the month of December so I made just about $400, do I file taxes?? What even is filing taxes im so lost lol

This is probably a stupid question haha but I only worked the month of December so I made just about $400, do I file taxes?? What even is filing taxes im so lost lol
Yes, you should be filing taxes for any income you reported for December.

Its really easy. Just use TurboTax or H&R Block's free online returns. Answer some questions and use your W-2 to fill in some boxes on the return. You'll probably get like $50 back.

Its really easy. Just use TurboTax or H&R Block's free online returns. Answer some questions and use your W-2 to fill in some boxes on the return. You'll probably get like $50 back.
Sweet thanks!

No you don't. There's a minimum that you have to earn to make taxes and because it's almost midnight, I don't know it off the top of my head but I know it's way higher then $400. I made in 2016 about 2 to 3 thousand dollars and that was still under the minimum required to file taxes. If you want to be sure, the IRS has a website where it can tell you if you have to file taxes. Do I Need to File a Tax Return?
I did it and was told no. It's quite long so do it when you have like 12 to 20 minutes to kill.

And Glo you are probably thinking about "self employed" where the minimum to file taxes is $400 regardless of age or family situation.

Last edited:
Ah, you're right. I've always filed, even after my first job where I earned maybe $3,000 in the year.

At the end of the day though, I think it still might be worth it to file for that small return. It is pretty effortless, especially if you have paperless w-2.

No you don't. There's a minimum that you have to earn to make taxes and because it's almost midnight, I don't know it off the top of my head but I know it's way higher then $400. I made in 2016 about 2 to 3 thousand dollars and that was still under the minimum required to file taxes. If you want to be sure, the IRS has a website where it can tell you if you have to file taxes. Do I Need to File a Tax Return?
I did it and was told no. It's quite long so do it when you have like 12 to 20 minutes to kill.

And Glo you are probably thinking about "self employed" where the minimum to file taxes is $400 regardless of age or family situation.

You don't HAVE to do your taxes if you make so little, but why wouldn't you? It's basically throwing money away by not filling out a tax return since it's easy and it's free.

Why wouldn't you want to? You might get a few bucks. Lol. TurboTax is free, it take like 15 minutes to do, and all you do is type what's on your w-2.

They are usually finalized by the 31st. If you go into EHR on a target computer there should be a section to view your W2. You can print that or wait for Target to mail it to you.
You don't need to use a Target computer or go on eHR to view it. Just go to paperlessemployee.com/target from any computer anywhere and log in.

Turbotax has made it really easy the past couple years. You can use their app and just take a picture of your W2 with your phone and it will fill out everything for you. Of course, verify to make sure everything is correct but it's faster than typing everything out.

Will it show up under year end tax statements?

To receive them online did you need to re-sign up I made an account last year and got my 2015 w2 online but theres nothing on the site for my 2016 w2.

enhanced-buzz-28895-1301694293-0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back