Waiving attendance policy still a thing? Not sure if i should call in

So watch your kids get thin because you can't afford food. Live in a tent with your kids because you got evicted.

Don't you have any feeling of wrongness in your soul that you would decide thats the better choice for a family?

Right, go to work with covid, spread it to elderly guests, and TM's, risk killing them. That's way better. Seriously. Your response is literally that of a sociopath.

Also just to point it out. Hmmm and there's not that nice a way to out this. Most DC warehouse workers aren't such scaredy cats 😁 at the end of the day the death rate is less than that of the common flu.
With math skills like this, I'm glad you don't handle money as part of your job. The flu's death rate isn't anywhere near that of the coronavirus. Coronavirus is roughly 10x more deadly. Start getting your news from actual medical professionals and not the moron serving as president.

With math skills like this, I'm glad you don't handle money as part of your job. The flu's death rate isn't anywhere near that of the coronavirus. Coronavirus is roughly 10x more deadly. Start getting your news from actual medical professionals and not the moron serving as president.

Not to mention the flu, 9 times out of 10, won't leave you with permanent lung or vascular damage

I know this isn’t the case, but this shouldn’t matter if the team member is experiencing the symptoms they describe. Also, I’d think they’d be more lenient with the 90 days thing with the pandemic going around.
Dc has a higher expectations than a store.

Right, go to work with covid, spread it to elderly guests, and TM's, risk killing them. That's way better. Seriously. Your response is literally that of a sociopath.
So better is sacrificing your children? What does that say about you, that you'd watch them suffer and not care about the suffering happening in your eyesight?

So better is sacrificing your children? What does that say about you, that you'd watch them suffer and not care about the suffering happening in your eyesight?

You willing to bring the disease home to them, infect your coworkers and have them infect their children?

Just because there's a pandemic doesn't mean the other threats to health and safety have vanished.

I would never sacrifice my daughter at the altar of pandemic by subjecting her to known imminent risks - malnutrition, homelessness, other diseases, injuries, other things out there.

Call it cold, but yeah, I'm not going to deliberately hurt my daughter over a potential risk. I'm not going to cause her harm with full intent because we *might* become sick with one particular illness.

It's almost like the world has quit knowing all the other threats and focus solely on the pandemic while throwing the door open to all other dangers. I've heard that restrictions on visitors in hospitals has caused an increase in maternal and child deaths, because laboring mothers no longer can have anyone in there with them, so no advocate. Is that okay, to tell a mother in labor that her baby has a higher chance of not surviving because she's not allowed a single person with her, someone who could get the nurse in an emergency since the mother-to-be cannot?

Yeah, there's a bad disease out there. I get it. But I also get that there are other dangers too. Risk/benefit analysis. What is an acceptable level of risk and an acceptable minimal level of benefit? Is malnutrition from lack of money to buy food an acceptable level of risk? Is homelessness from no income an acceptable level of risk? Where do all the other dangers to health and life rank in comparison to one single disease? Where's the balance, what's the acceptable risk/benefit?

^ And that’s where paid sick leave would come in. We need to take a hard look at the laws we currently have and improve them so that sick workers are protected. Not just during this pandemic, but going forward as well.

But there is no such thing now, during this pandemic. And like I said, I actually thought COVID-19 might trigger action into making a paid leave law. However in light of all the recent events, no, not going to happen now or any time in the next few decades.

So choices have to be made based on what is currently available. No wishing for better, it's not going to happen.

I work part time and have paid sick leave. Also, if you get the virus, Target pays you, at least our store does. There is also free Telehealth and other resources, as well as attendance protection.

Subjecting your coworkers to a deadly virus is insanely irresponsible. It has been my experience throughout my working life that no one wants to be exposed to a coworker's germs, and that includes bosses. I have never once been made to feel that I needed to drag my ass to work sick or risk losing my job. That's x100 right now.

And subjecting your children to neglect is not irresponsible?

Fine Tessa, if literally the ONLY choices are drag one's Covid ass to work and spread that shit all over the place, or call out and watch one's children waste away, then sure, they can drag that Covid ass to work. Just give me a head's up first so I can take an LOA. Jaysus.

Last edited:
I just found out tonight that a team member who came back from a leave lost both of her parents in a 2 week period from COVID.

For goodness sake, if you are feeling sick, stay home. If your leader has an issue with it, tell them to tell them to kick rocks.

I just found out tonight that a team member who came back from a leave lost both of her parents in a 2 week period from COVID.

For goodness sake, if you are feeling sick, stay home. If your leader has an issue with it, tell them to tell them to kick rocks.
I wish they would kick rocks. The health of people are very important but all Tarshit sees is dollar signs. They don't care about the people. They would throw you out on your ass without a second thought. Sad but true.

Can I just point out ASANTS? At my store we do not get paid sick leave. We accrue it yes. But we have no way to get it. The papers have been "out on back order" since we were allowed it in our state. Our HR doea NOT allow doctors notes. Our etl GE bulliea and scrrams at peoole on the phone who try to call out. Then write you up for no call no show. Idk how our managment gets away wifh alot of bassackwarda behavior.
Just recently a co woeker teated poaitive for covid. Dis the whole thing of staying home. Their paperwoek got "misplaced" and despite calling whatever number they were to call at headquarters they have no "record" of it. They got fired for not showing up. And not paid obviously.
There may be other lwgal thingsissing there but let me tell you. If I get sick im suiting up in masks. Gloves. And a bubble of sanitizer. But as long as my but aint leaking im going in. Im nails to the cliff rocks on payments for rent and itilities nevermind my bills. I cannot affoed their games.
And you KNOW over HALF the customers have some mess they are passing around. So really you arent safe unless you crawl back in that cave :/

Well bat poo causes respiratory iszues but just dont smell it

Yes, COVID-19 is nasty. But it hasn't made everything else stop existing. It hasn't made other germs stop existing.

If there was universal health care, if there was mandatory sick pay, if there was a culture where businesses want you out sick, not sabotage you being sick, yeah I'd agree with calling out without question, no other concerns.

But we don't have it.

Below is a link to an article that has some of my points. There's still other deadly things, and making it all about COVID-19 makes people more susceptible of being injured or dying from other things.

"But a third possibility, the one we're quite concerned about, is indirect mortality -- deaths caused by the response to the pandemic," he said. "People who never had the virus may have died from other causes because of the spillover effects of the pandemic, such as delayed medical care, economic hardship or emotional distress."

-snip-

"We can't forget about mental health," Woolf said. "A number of people struggling with depression, addiction and very difficult economic conditions caused by lockdowns may have become increasingly desperate, and some may have died by suicide. People addicted to opioids and other drugs may have overdosed. All told, what we're seeing is a death count well beyond what we would normally expect for this time of year, and it's only partially explained by COVID-19."

And while the statistics for homeless populations have not been fully collected and compared, the comparison for child hunger is beginning. Also remember with child hunger that many children only get regular food because of the reduced lunch programs, and those went bye bye months ago.

People need to be able to pay for a roof over their head. People need to be able to pay for food for their children. People need to be able to pay for medical care, not just COVID-19 complications, but also getting the flu shot for the upcoming winter, sepsis springing from the kid playing roughly with the cat and getting cat scratch fever as a result, or food poisoning because the cook screwed up, or even a hospital run because the kids were playing with the local chipmunks or mice outside since there's nothing else to do and caught something nasty from the rodents (think hantavirus or bubonic plague).

We have to take precautions. But we also have to work with the tools we are given concerning job security. We have to work with the tools we are given with surviving everything else. Wishing we were a European country and blindly attacking someone whose workplace policies are against taking time off for any reason, someone who is that paycheck away from homelessness, someone who is the source of financial support for someone who needs a lot of medical care...it's just wrong to blame them for suffering from the lack of worker protections that are a fact, a mandate in this country.

Back