Archived Walmart asking employees to deliver packages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Employees will be paid extra, and offered overtime pay as necessary to make the deliveries, Walmart spokesman Ravi Jariwala said Thursday

sure why not

I'd do it for OT + mileage, as long as I'm covered by a commercial insurance policy while doing it.

The announcement comes as Walmart doubles down on its online business, where sales grew 63 percent in the first quarter of this year.
Jesus, I thought Target's 22% online sales increase was a lot...

This actually seems pretty cool and with more people ordering online and close by, I'd like to get in on the action.

Everyday like half our SFS orders are in the same state usually 30 miles within out store. It's a waste of time to for guest to wait for UPS to deliver them nextday.

Give me a GPS, OT and mileage and I'd deliver them. Better than waiting for the dumpster fired that's E2E

Numbers (Especially Percentages) can be looked at through a number of lenses.
Well this lens shows that Walmart grew online sales at a dramatically higher rate than Target. Percentages are an appropriate way to compare growth rates between corporations of vastly different sizes.

Sign me up if this ever comes. Only downside is not being able to shoot the breeze with some TMs (and of course the higher fatality rate).

sure why not

"Employees will be paid extra, and offered overtime pay as necessary to make the deliveries, Walmart spokesman Ravi Jariwala said Thursday"

Watch this delivery take 2 hours.

I think the key here is "on their way home." They're not just out driving. If they were, they'd better have a highly efficient route, otherwise it's a loss for them. That's why Amazon still turns to UPS in many cases, despite having local delivery contractors.

I'd do it for OT + mileage, as long as I'm covered by a commercial insurance policy while doing it.

Jesus, I thought Target's 22% online sales increase was a lot...

I saw in the article they purchased Jet.com. I'm sure they are adding in the sales from them into their percentage, along with any other online stores they acquired.

This actually seems pretty cool and with more people ordering online and close by, I'd like to get in on the action.

Everyday like half our SFS orders are in the same state usually 30 miles within out store. It's a waste of time to for guest to wait for UPS to deliver them nextday.

Give me a GPS, OT and mileage and I'd deliver them. Better than waiting for the dumpster fired that's E2E

Yes, go to work for Wal-mart. hahahahahahahahaha. They are a landfill fire

They pay more too
maybe, maybe not.

I suggest you go work at a Northeastern Oklahoma store since that is within driving distance of their HQ in Bentonvillle, AR. I think you might really enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back