"Warehouse leaders"

Noone talking about this? They announced it at startup last week. Something like 32 in the building, so 8 per dept, so 2 per key.

It was said they will make more $ than regular TM but not how much more. Was also stated that Target is following industry trends with this or something (which to me usually just means whatever Amazon does we gotta copy)

Oh I believe it's interview position as expected.

Basically there's already some office dwellers that are supposed to be WW but mostly just help the OM do odd job all day. They already exist on every key seems like. It seems like they are now just giving it an official title. Another coworker also told me these will be our bosses officially, though I'm not sure about that. If so you are going to get into thorny issues like are they allowed to write people up etc real quick! Also part of me wonders if it's a way for them to cheap out on actually hiring more OM's! As the ever since the mid shift OM position was instituted (down from 2 dedicated OM's per key in the old days) a few years ago they never seem to have enough OM's. The only other detail I recall was something about they are to spend 50% of time interfacing with the OM and 50% with TM's, or something, but I may have misunderstood that part, as I thought they meant 50% working and 50% non productive.

Any deets? For one about the pay?

Last edited:
It’s a progression pay scale like regular warehouse workers but like $2/hr more. You don’t go to the top if you’re maxed out as a WW, you go to the closest progression step and go from there.
You give people “feedback” on how to be better, update gemba boards, move people around between functions and make things run smoothly.

You’re not going to give corrective actions, fire people, handle vacation, etc.
It’s intended to be a stepping stone to becoming an OM. I could see them dropping to 1 OM per dept/key, 4 people running things seems a bit excessive.
They’re still required to work mandatory OT just like a regular WW.

It’s a progression pay scale like regular warehouse workers but like $2/hr more. You don’t go to the top if you’re maxed out as a WW, you go to the closest progression step and go from there.
You give people “feedback” on how to be better, update gemba boards, move people around between functions and make things run smoothly.

It’s intended to be a stepping stone to becoming an OM. I could see them dropping to 1 OM per dept/key, 4 people running things seems a bit excessive.
Like the op said the butt kissers will get the positions. They did say it wasn’t based on seniority what key you got.

If you're also cross-trained into another department you can still be flexed out :rolleyes:

What's going around my DC is that if you take this role you can't "step down" and go back to what you were doing if you don't like it because you stepped into a managerial type role so your next step would be OM or leave which just doesn't sound right to me... Just adding label control was a confusing nightmare due to lack of info and they still don't know where it's going to be at officially and they're just now getting around to adding a laptop and training people on what the jobs function is other than just literally writing down who you gave what labels to and then just standing around doing absolutely nothing until someone needed labels. Can't wait to see how many people end up hating being LWW because the OM's don't give them any freedom to lead how they want and the lead is just basically used as an assistant do do the errands you really don't need an OM for and the lead gets to take the heat instead of the OM.

Isn’t 0551 picking mbp in the new system, ole? How would they maneuver tm’s around to reach ssp count goals?

I’m guessing that between the 2 leads they’ll alternate days between leads and that person will be focused on rebin since there’s a lot of movement within it. The other will just pick and observe the other pickers, answer questions for people in passing, etc.?

What's going around my DC is that if you take this role you can't "step down" and go back to what you were doing if you don't like it because you stepped into a managerial type role so your next step would be OM or leave which just doesn't sound right to me...
I had thought about that too, it doesn’t really make sense but I could see it being true. If it is true, 10% of who they get will actually be competent, since the people who have been there forever and know how things should run aren’t going to paint themselves into a corner, IMO.

How in the hell is that supposed to work when 1/2 of your time isn’t supposed to be spent in a prod function?
We were told in our info session there would be backups. Considering the way my DC operates, if I got LWW I'd still be sent to either MBP or Depal every couple nights even though there are multiple people cross-trained. (That's a tanget for another post) But it was explained if the LWW was flexed out the backup would be keyed in and get the pay for being LWW. Even more messed up, if you get the role and you're a trainer, you have to give that role up.

We were told in our info session there would be backups. Considering the way my DC operates, if I got LWW I'd still be sent to either MBP or Depal every couple nights even though there are multiple people cross-trained. (That's a tanget for another post) But it was explained if the LWW was flexed out the backup would be keyed in and get the pay for being LWW. Even more messed up, if you get the role and you're a trainer, you have to give that role up.
That’s asinine, why move 2 people when they could accomplish the same goal by moving 1? And a lead as a trainer would (theoretically) train better since it would have a larger effect on their team’s success.

They announced these and an Inbound Problem Solver role in my building today, I think the problem solver role had been around at other buildings before now. Anyone know what the problem solver role mostly does?

They announced these and an Inbound Problem Solver role in my building today, I think the problem solver role had been around at other buildings before now. Anyone know what the problem solver role mostly does?

Handles all of the exceptions for inbound. POs not on appt, invalid POs, misships, invalid barcodes, predistro that doesn’t scan, etc. (everything that problem area handles now)
It sounds like they’re taking some work off of the inbound clericals and putting it to problem solvers as far as communicating with HQ about that stuff too.

That’s asinine, why move 2 people when they could accomplish the same goal by moving 1? And a lead as a trainer would (theoretically) train better since it would have a larger effect on their team’s success.
I agree, but I also think that with two, specifically in inbound, one would be down in Art and the other on the dock,

I agree, but I also think that with two, specifically in inbound, one would be down in Art and the other on the dock,
I wasn’t saying they don’t need 2 leads, just that flexing a lead out just to flex someone into that lead spot is dumb when they could just flex a normal tm out and be done with it.
I assume inbound will be 1 art & 1 dock and outbound will be 1 wing & 1 depal. Mbp and warehousing I’m not too sure, maybe 1 in each for pickers, 1 doing puts/capacity stuff in WH, and 1 handling packing/rebin in mbp?
It’ll be interesting to see what they’re going to have people do when they’re not doing “lead stuff”. Are they just assisting where it’s needed, or are they responsible for hitting 5-6hrs prod for themselves in a specific function, etc.

Last edited:
Handles all of the exceptions for inbound. POs not on appt, invalid POs, misships, invalid barcodes, predistro that doesn’t scan, etc. (everything that problem area handles now)
It sounds like they’re taking some work off of the inbound clericals and putting it to problem solvers as far as communicating with HQ about that stuff too.
Ok, I figured it was something along those lines. Wonder what other kind of busy work they will do, when I was problem area TM we never had enough to keep us busy all shift, though I'm at a smaller building. Just wish they would make warehouse IM a merit lol. They did for QIM which seemed like it had a lower job knowledge requirement then normal IM.

Ok, I figured it was something along those lines. Wonder what other kind of busy work they will do, when I was problem area TM we never had enough to keep us busy all shift, though I'm at a smaller building. Just wish they would make warehouse IM a merit lol. They did for QIM which seemed like it had a lower job knowledge requirement then normal IM.
It doesn’t seem like enough work to keep 2 people busy, especially during slower months. There will probably be a lot of tracking things (which carriers send bad info to Ryder, which consolidators send freight for other DCs, vendors that mislabel freight, etc). I’d imagine something needs to be done about people in ART adding POs to the wrong trailers too since that’s probably a nightmare at HQ.

It doesn’t seem like enough work to keep 2 people busy, especially during slower months. There will probably be a lot of tracking things (which carriers send bad info to Ryder, which consolidators send freight for other DCs, vendors that mislabel freight, etc). I’d imagine something needs to be done about people in ART adding POs to the wrong trailers too since that’s probably a nightmare at HQ.

Problem area at my dc is always overflowing even now in slow times.
Why well it's simple silly. We have horrible trainers and clueless inbounders who screw everything up.

I have a feeling the new team leads are going to end up being the sacrificial lambs to the target gods. When it's all gone to hell and upper management has to pass the blame who you thinks going bye bye?
Shit rolls down hill.
And we all know who's getting the jobs. The resident ass lickers. Just like who becomes trainer.
People who have no clue but survive because they can kiss ass

Problem area at my dc is always overflowing even now in slow times.
Why well it's simple silly. We have horrible trainers and clueless inbounders who screw everything up.

I have a feeling the new team leads are going to end up being the sacrificial lambs to the target gods. When it's all gone to hell and upper management has to pass the blame who you thinks going bye bye?
Shit rolls down hill.
And we all know who's getting the jobs. The resident ass lickers. Just like who becomes trainer.
People who have no clue but survive because they can kiss ass
Our PA is always like that too, but it’s because the A-keys just gather stuff that has issues and put it there with no paperwork or note or anything to know where it came from. So the B-keys spend the entire week figuring it all out just in time for it to go to shit again on the weekend. I understand that they were never trained properly and all of that, but the resources are there if they actually cared.
Part of me wants to sign up for lead, I know I’d be great at it, but it sounds like more than $2-3/hr worth of stress.

Leads also existed at a few locations as well that tested them prior to pyramid wide rollout

Problem solver Deals with vendor errors. Ex vendor sends item x that wasn't requested by the dc. We are suppose to be moving towards more of holding the vendors accountable to what we order vs them just shipping us anything they want and us paying them for it. From my limited knowledge they basically will be dealing with all vendor related issues and likely anything else the ib om's throw their way.

Did they also change something within ICQA? I can now go to ICQA with issues and they will write the the Z number down the date it was put as well as the name associated with the z number and weather or not it was a system directed put or a manual put.

Maybe at your local building? The role hasn't really changed much at my location past adding a few extra responsibilities.

Interviewing for Lead Warehouse Worker wondering if anyone has an idea of what type of interview it will be and questions they ask since it's not a Merit role?

Back