Archived Was getting rid of the cashier score a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our GSTL would be like, "But the Starbucks girls are cute!"

Rant: every GSA/GSTL if you want people to back up for you, get them off the lane when you get new cashiers. Backups are usually put on the front lanes (we have stacked lanes) so if no one takes you off your line never ends.

This is why i chose a rear stacked lane when backing up. I won't go to the register in front that is by the self check outs. You won't ever leave.

This is why i chose a rear stacked lane when backing up. I won't go to the register in front that is by the self check outs. You won't ever leave.

Yeah at my store the gstls assign you a lane which sucks. I grab one of those "this register is closed" signs and stick it on there.

I havr beeen saying it was a mistake from yhe start. What is the metric that grades the performance? In the new AE we can't even expect cashiers to get red cards anymore. Is everything based on a survey now? Nobody takes surveys.
What's the difference between a good cashier and a shitty one?
What do you mean in the new AE we can't expect cashiers to get red cards?

I'm in a two level Target. When I walk out on the floor and see both of the slowest cashiers are working on the grocery level, I know I'm going to be backing up all day. This was true with speed score and it DEFINITELY remains true today.

From a personal standpoint I hated it because I was always green on speed and it was something that helped by reviews.

From a store perspective I like getting rid of it because more often than not the cashiers would just use ways to get around it such as suspend of delay ringing up the first item which would actually make the transaction take more time even if it helped speed score.

What do you mean in the new AE we can't expect cashiers to get red cards?
I still haven't found the AE material from a few weeks ago. I remember it said that something along the lines that red card goals are still there but are not one of the metrics we look at to determine of we are successful or not. Almost everything is now based on the guest experience and surveys as a way to drive loyalty. So that's the focus for this year

I still haven't found the AE material from a few weeks ago. I remember it said that something along the lines that red card goals are still there but are not one of the metrics we look at to determine of we are successful or not. Almost everything is now based on the guest experience and surveys as a way to drive loyalty. So that's the focus for this year
I would really love to know more about this metric. Past couple of days they have been hounding the front end about red cards. They are listening to make sure people are asking and educating. Also, requiring everyone get one per shift. If they aren't getting them then they will have conversations.

Past couple of days they have been hounding the front end about red cards.

Yeah, I'd say the Red Card pressure has gotten worse in the last few weeks. We are back to end-of-shift "check-outs" where the LOD will grill a cashier about their pitch/tactics/success/failure with getting RCs.

at least at my store no one had an issue with 90 g. the only ones who did were older that we weren't going to fire. long lines are more lack of hours. when i was a cashier we had plenty of extra who were just looking for things to do to stay busy. zone bullseye, learn other areas of the store, reshop, cover gsa/guest service breaks. i'm lucky to have one cashier have an hour away from the checklanes.

Yeah, I'd say the Red Card pressure has gotten worse in the last few weeks. We are back to end-of-shift "check-outs" where the LOD will grill a cashier about their pitch/tactics/success/failure with getting RCs.
Again, mixed Target messages. We are required to ask and inform guest about red cards. Yet, we are being grilled by management to get red cards.

Yes exactly.. if that isn't the truth. We also get grilled too it is so frustrating I mean it is what it is but still..

Yeah, we're one of the only green stores in the district (thanks to online sing ups) and they are upping our goals to insane amounts!

Hmm, I haven't been hounded about RCs (Just the usual amount of pressure IMO), but I am asking. Would also love to see the info about the metric.

What I can find in the AE material:
"We are going to continue to goal your store on REDcard applications as part of our ongoing strategies to drive sales and loyalty. The change this year will be the retirement of all REDcard captainship programs. Continue to recognize your teams in your own way for great behavior on this and all other metrics"

Reds and Cartwheel are both included as Key Focus Areas to drive loyalty.

In short, looks like Reds are still a thing.

So I was checking out yesterday on my lunch break and I noticed the old "RGGRRRGGRGGR" on the register...are the speed scores back?! I can't imagine what else those letters would be for

So I was checking out yesterday on my lunch break and I noticed the old "RGGRRRGGRGGR" on the register...are the speed scores back?! I can't imagine what else those letters would be for

Yep, I noticed it too a few weeks ago. I mentioned it in this thread even.

Nope, not a price check. It popped up after the transaction was finished and the guest had paid.

I think it still tracks it but doesn't count it against you.
Exactly this. It's not making its way back. If it does pop up, it'll be there for 2-5 seconds (at most) and then return to the scanning screen.

I would really love to know more about this metric. Past couple of days they have been hounding the front end about red cards. They are listening to make sure people are asking and educating. Also, requiring everyone get one per shift. If they aren't getting them then they will have conversations.

Chatted with my etl ge so red cards are still important as ever, the difference is its not apart of the stores AE overall score (it used to be like 10 to 15% of it). So now rather than the burden falling on the store and STLS too it's squarely on ETL GE, GSA/TL and the individual TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back