Archived Was told I violated dress code, am quite sure I didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your shirts sound awesome, it's too bad someone decided to nitpick about such a menial thing. At my store, they've been picky about pants (blue denim only, no blue colored khaki pants, crap like that). Tops they didn't care so much other than meeting the "90% red" rule for the "outermost" garment. As long as you have a red sweater/vest/hoodie, they don't care what's under it so long as it's not inappropriate. One of our TMs wears X-Men shirts under a red hoodie and nobody bats an eye.

Your shirts sound awesome, it's too bad someone decided to nitpick about such a menial thing. At my store, they've been picky about pants (blue denim only, no blue colored khaki pants, crap like that). Tops they didn't care so much other than meeting the "90% red" rule for the "outermost" garment. As long as you have a red sweater/vest/hoodie, they don't care what's under it so long as it's not inappropriate. One of our TMs wears X-Men shirts under a red hoodie and nobody bats an eye.
So, this is a matter of personal taste, and I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, but I feel like that is waaay more off-brand. I see a lot of team members (particularly team members who were flow before modernization rendered "flow team" redundant) wearing red and khaki, but really ill-fitting and frumpy and just not flattering. And I certainly don't think they should be in trouble for that, but I can't really understand how that's good, but someone wearing a nice outfit they've put together with a red vest is unprofessional.

(I know, I know, now I'm just being vain and subjective)

Here is the actual dress code info (this is NOT an edited store-by-store interpretation):
(You can disregard the part about "[a]ny team member who has guest contact must not wear jeans." This dress code info was from way before they rolled out the jeans forever thing.)

Last edited:
So, this is a matter of personal taste, and I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, but I feel like that is waaay more off-brand. I see a lot of team members (particularly team members who were flow before modernization rendered "flow team" redundant) wearing red and khaki, but really ill-fitting and frumpy and just not flattering. And I certainly don't think they should be in trouble for that, but I can't really understand how that's good, but someone wearing a nice outfit they've put together with a red vest is unprofessional.

🙄 At least those frumpy team members are following the rules. Not everyone is a fashionista. It's only freaking Target.

Yeah, I was surprised to see that TM be allowed to wear that. I have plenty of geeky shirts I could wear, but I don't want to push it. The only thing I remember them saying was no logos or sayings, and those X-Men shirts have neither, so they must be fine with it.
I'm pre-modernization flow team, and some of our flow TMs clothes do look a bit dingy. At the same time, they get dirty and I get not wanting to spend too much money on nice clothes just for them to get stained or torn right away. I always got my khakis at Goodwill cause I don't like khakis and didn't want to spend a lot on pants that would get ruined sooner than later and that I didn't even like to begin with. But I never bought any that were ill-fitted. A bit frayed on the bottom of the legs, maybe.

I don't think it was personal but I'm sorry you felt that way. You can still get creative with Red!

Irrelevant is your opinion. I think it is relevant.
But how tho, you just wanna fucking bitch about every lil things that the company does. It's a fucking thread about clothes. That shit is what's wrong with this site nowadays.

But whatever buddy, you do you. Stay salty

Last edited:
We've got a guy who wears a sports team fan shirt. The team's color is red and it's local so the apparel can be found in Fan Central, which is why I think no one says anything to him.

My store is super lax on the dress code. A lot of people are college students, and one of the colors of the college is maroon, so you see a ton of the university stuff at work with the logo. Some wear plaid, where the main color is NOT red, and one girl even has a mostly white hoodie with red spots on it. (I commented somewhere else here that some people don't look like they work there...😂)

At my old store (about ten years ago), it was commonplace for females to wear a red tank top over any color/print long sleeve shirt. That looked even more ridiculous. Sure, they're doing the red, but...really? That's no worse than a vest. One time we had a TM show up in khaki shorts (and she wasn't flow or a cart attendant) and no one said anything.

We have a Sr. TL who wears a red shirt over t-shirts with logos on them (bands, Star Wars, etc.) and that seems to be fine. During Christmas, we had a couple TMs who wore green holiday sweaters. One of the ETLs went overnight with plano recently and she was in teal.

So...everyone violates the dress code and no one says boo. I'm sorry you were singled out.

My store is super lax on the dress code. A lot of people are college students, and one of the colors of the college is maroon, so you see a ton of the university stuff at work with the logo. Some wear plaid, where the main color is NOT red, and one girl even has a mostly white hoodie with red spots on it. (I commented somewhere else here that some people don't look like they work there...😂)

At my old store (about ten years ago), it was commonplace for females to wear a red tank top over any color/print long sleeve shirt. That looked even more ridiculous. Sure, they're doing the red, but...really? That's no worse than a vest. One time we had a TM show up in khaki shorts (and she wasn't flow or a cart attendant) and no one said anything.

We have a Sr. TL who wears a red shirt over t-shirts with logos on them (bands, Star Wars, etc.) and that seems to be fine. During Christmas, we had a couple TMs who wore green holiday sweaters. One of the ETLs went overnight with plano recently and she was in teal.

So...everyone violates the dress code and no one says boo. I'm sorry you were singled out.

dress code doesnt matter when the store is closed

Lol true. Did the after Christmas price change overnight and wore grey sweatpants and a black target t shirt; ran a little late so put on a red vest 😂

Back when I worked overnights it did. We could wear jeans, but it ALWAYS had to be a red top. No exceptions. If I wore a black t-shirt and a red hoodie and took the hoodie off working truck, I'd get chewed out for it. "HAS TO BE RED!!!"

I was in tsc last week and overheard a conversation between tls about some info they got on "going back to basics" on dress code. I'm not sure where their info came from but I was left with the impression that it was company wide. If so that huddle was an ill-timed passing on of info from higher ups and wasn't about you specifically, although it would have been hard not to think that.

When "jeans full time' was announced at my store, a sign was posted in TSC that specifies "solid red top for your outermost layer" and "double up with a red sweatshirt or hoodie if you're concerned about being cold".

Our store is pretty much flexible about dress code. As far as the shirt/top is red shade and the bottom is full length with no ripped patterns , it’s good to go. I often wear red tops with floral patterns but for safe sake just use a red hoodie on top of it.

Here is the actual dress code info (this is NOT an edited store-by-store interpretation):
View attachment 7183
(You can disregard the part about "[a]ny team member who has guest contact must not wear jeans." This dress code info was from way before they rolled out the jeans forever thing.)
It also says no T-shirts, which is obviously not true anymore since they now give us t shirts to wear at events and redcard stuff and have for a while. How old is that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back