Archived Wasted fixtures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the ideas ! Our problem is we don’t have an extra minute or inch! Our store needs a fixture room monitor. Barely floor available to walk in, nothing is accessible without spending lots of time moving other things. Each day more and more boxes/carriages/loose whatever is placed in there - it is so full it’s going to explode soon. Very dangerous, I am covered in bruises from bumbing into things sticking out from when I need to get something. Absolutely out of control. This year we threw out the mesh bins because we kept them last year and couldn’t get to them in the fixture room when we needed them so did not need to keep more that we won’t be able to reach.

I love the ideas ! Our problem is we don’t have an extra minute or inch! Our store needs a fixture room monitor. Barely floor available to walk in, nothing is accessible without spending lots of time moving other things. Each day more and more boxes/carriages/loose whatever is placed in there - it is so full it’s going to explode soon. Very dangerous, I am covered in bruises from bumbing into things sticking out from when I need to get something. Absolutely out of control. This year we threw out the mesh bins because we kept them last year and couldn’t get to them in the fixture room when we needed them so did not need to keep more that we won’t be able to reach.

This.

Sadly you need to make time off you want these ideas to work. Any time we get a giant box from stuff on a pallet I do a metal sweep in the fixture room. Fun fixtures go to the food pantry or animal shelter. Extra crib sheets and mobiles go to the women's shelter. The bow binds we keep for Easter grass and eggs. I will dump your junk on the floor if you take them without permission. No ceramic cake stands, wood blocks, or kids head&hand.

Oh trust me the plano team knows when crap gets thrown in there. They can and will find out who the offender is too! People tend to just throw crap in there. Believe it or not someone has to straighten that damn room up and its not the fixture room fairy. In order for the plano team to do their job they need to have access...safe access to all of the items in there. What looks like stacks of metal and weird hooks to some are only used a few times a year and have to be stowed the rest of the time. People who just toss stuff in there expecting "someone else" to take care of it are playing with fire.Plano team members have long memories and can be a tad bit wicked
I would love your organization skills. This was our fixture room after it was cleaned for a high level visit, it was much worse a few days before, and from what people say on this site our fixture room is about average for cleanliness and organization.

fixture room.jpg

I would love your organization skills. This was our fixture room after it was cleaned for a high level visit, it was much worse a few days before, and from what people say on this site our fixture room is about average for cleanliness and organization.

View attachment 6922

Yours is much better than ours. We have the same problems with tubs/stuff on the floor, but we have it worse. And we spend 30 minutes every day cleaning it.

Yours is much better than ours. We have the same problems with tubs/stuff on the floor, but we have it worse. And we spend 30 minutes every day cleaning it.
That was cleaned up. Less than a week before I had to put stuff in there. The path was barely wider than my shoes and in some places I had to take a huge step over stuff that covered the path. One spot I had to step over and then twist my foot to tuck under it because the box was so wide you couldn't step across it and plant your foot firmly and it was lying diagonal rather than flat on the floor. I had to contort like a gymnast to work around the stuff on the sides while holding the fixtures straight up over my head because there were spots not wide enough for my hips, much less carrying fixtures close to my body.

That was cleaned up. Less than a week before I had to put stuff in there. The path was barely wider than my shoes and in some places I had to take a huge step over stuff that covered the path. One spot I had to step over and then twist my foot to tuck under it because the box was so wide you couldn't step across it and plant your foot firmly and it was lying diagonal rather than flat on the floor. I had to contort like a gymnast to work around the stuff on the sides while holding the fixtures straight up over my head because there were spots not wide enough for my hips, much less carrying fixtures close to my body.

YEP, we are EXACTLY like that ! Dreading Steritech visit. Heads gonna roll.

If your fixture room is so full it’s dangerous- send an email to all leaders stating this and asking for help to get it safe. Do this to protect yourself in case of injury. Those emails will be proof that the situation was ignored. I would have had a heart attack if my room looked like that. Steritech walked the fixture room and we got marked down for ANY fixture sitting on the floor.

If corporate knew how much money is wasted on ordering fixtures only to end up throwing them away they would have a shit hemorrhage...that was my store in a nutshell. 🙄
Exactly. A while back (like late October), the PMT and signing TM were looking for something up in the steel for the Christmas set (I think) and the PMT was up on the WAV and goes "Oh hey, this pallet has softlines fixtures!" (Thinking they were flow vehicles) It was 10 put back racks. We were only allowed to use 2 and we already had that many 😑 as far as I know, they're still up there.

Exactly. A while back (like late October), the PMT and signing TM were looking for something up in the steel for the Christmas set (I think) and the PMT was up on the WAV and goes "Oh hey, this pallet has softlines fixtures!" (Thinking they were flow vehicles) It was 10 put back racks. We were only allowed to use 2 and we already had that many 😑 as far as I know, they're still up there.

^THIS! I used to just browse through the fixture room from time to time to see what'd been forgotten back there. Actually found some useful stuff that I took for my department. More than once I had other ETLs try to take stuff from me once I got it down. NOPE! You didn't even know it was back there and it'd been sitting there for 3 years!! Bye!

I would love to have a week to go through the fixture room and organize it.

There’s stuff in there that has three inches of dust. Yet our signing guy threw out all the amplified gifting bins after the first set—screwing us for the second.

^THIS! I used to just browse through the fixture room from time to time to see what'd been forgotten back there. Actually found some useful stuff that I took for my department. More than once I had other ETLs try to take stuff from me once I got it down. NOPE! You didn't even know it was back there and it'd been sitting there for 3 years!! Bye!
Yeah, we were like "they can send us 10 extra put back racks and new backstock tubs that we're not supposed to use, but no Metra carts or new steel for the backroom" :confused:

I would love to have a week to go through the fixture room and organize it.

There’s stuff in there that has three inches of dust. Yet our signing guy threw out all the amplified gifting bins after the first set—screwing us for the second.

Where were you storing the AG bins?

I cannot believe all the fixtures they throw in the compactor. Like today they threw away those red mesh things that held the bags of Christmas bows. I’m thinking those would be great to toss toys into in kids rooms or at nurseries. And those black wire baskets that were in H&H I believe. Why not donate it to animal rescues or women’s shelters or something?? I’m all about repurposeing stuff. It’s so wasteful.
We just keep the red bins for the following years, also our softlines and hearth and hand are still using those black wires baskets to set with I’m not sure why they are being thrown in the compactor.

I
I cannot believe all the fixtures they throw in the compactor. Like today they threw away those red mesh things that held the bags of Christmas bows. I’m thinking those would be great to toss toys into in kids rooms or at nurseries. And those black wire baskets that were in H&H I believe. Why not donate it to animal rescues or women’s shelters or something?? I’m all about repurposeing stuff. It’s so wasteful.
i use mine now for all the Easter eggs and the grass

We always save the bow bins. They collapse and take up so little space, and they come in handy for flexing the next year.

I also have several in my house for my kids' toys/stuffed animals. 😁
We save them and it was a good thing this past Christmas. We were short 6 from the incoming freight.

We don’t put anything in the compactor. We palletize and send back for recycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back