Wasteful

Ringwraith917

Professional Badass
I went to clean up a small spill in HBA. No paper towels, or xsorb in the 6 spill stations i checked, or where we keep them in the stockroom. Only these new spill clean-up packs. Is this what we're supposed to be using for every tiny little non-food spill? If so thats ridiculously wasteful. I just needed abit of xsorb.

Attachments

• 20191014_105805.jpg
    20191014_105805.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
Yup, that's it. And my first thought when they were introduced was the same. Wasteful.

Our spill stations were never stocked correctly, everyone passed the buck. So and so is supposed to do it, etc. the usual dismissive garbage. We were doing HBA awhile back, there was a shampoo spill. Small spill. The dopey assed team lead asked if I was qualified to clean it up! I felt like saying "look shithead, it's soap, hot hydroflouric acid

continuation: not hydrofluoric acid, and yes, I am qualified I have a degree in engineering and can fly a Bell Jet Ranger, any more stupid questions? all this nonsense for shampoo? My end game was, no I didn't say that but I was thinking it! She was horrible, all other TL's were pretty nice with a brain. This one had none.

I always head to the paper towel aisle. There is always plenty of bounty the quicker picker upper. Just take the plastic wrap with bar code to guest service and say to requisition it out We are a big company they can afford this to help prevent a fall from a guest

I mean we do have 30 plus pallets of paper in the back room

You didn't get the pink snake like things that are filled with nylon or something?
Never heard of pink ones. We have black or maybe gray ones they use in grocery when the coolers decide to leak.

I always head to the paper towel aisle. There is always plenty of bounty the quicker picker upper. Just take the plastic wrap with bar code to guest service and say to requisition it out We are a big company they can afford this to help prevent a fall from a guest

I mean we do have 30 plus pallets of paper in the back room
Did that many times myself. Also tucked rolls along the line as well as cat litter, a dust pan and broom and a squeegee. A clean unload is a safe unload is a happy unload. 🎼

Absorb can be opened, then resealed. Just fold the top and tape it closed... no waste.

I hide my own paper towel. My coworkers are so incompetent. They just out paper towels everywhere. And theirs never any in our spill stations. I hide mine on top of a freezer door.

We aren't allowed to use absorb anymore. Just these stupid snake things.
I went to clean up a small spill in HBA. No paper towels, or xsorb in the 6 spill stations i checked, or where we keep them in the stockroom. Only these new spill clean-up packs. Is this what we're supposed to be using for every tiny little non-food spill? If so thats ridiculously wasteful. I just needed abit of xsorb.
Your stores just not ordering Xsorb. It’s still orderable on GoCart and still listed as a necessity in spill stations on the new checklist sent out after they got rid of Alert One. These new orange chemical and red body fluid bags are an addition to the spill clean up materials. You should have gotten these long orange tubes for leaky coolers and big spills also. All the new supplies from spill hero were auto sent the first time them you needed to order after that

Last edited:
Your stores just not ordering Xsorb. It’s still orderable on GoCart and still listed as a necessity in spill stations on the new checklist sent out after they got rid of Alert One. These new orange chemical and red body fluid bags are an addition to the spill clean up materials. You should have gotten these long orange tubes for leaky coolers and big spills also. All the new supplies from spill hero were auto sent the first time them you needed to order after that

Yep we used spill hero by the case when we had the milk disaster. The orange bags are meant for biohazard spills not regular spills.

Yep we used spill hero by the case when we had the milk disaster. The orange bags are meant for biohazard spills not regular spills.
Red is biohazard, orange is chemical technically and the normal Xsorb is just general store use for mostly food. But realistically every store got a tile vacuum thing last year that they should be using for liquid food spills and trust me it’s light years easier but is a pain to get out and put away so most people at my store are still using Xsorb for anything food

Red is biohazard, orange is chemical technically and the normal Xsorb is just general store use for mostly food. But realistically every store got a tile vacuum thing last year that they should be using for liquid food spills and trust me it’s light years easier but is a pain to get out and put away so most people at my store are still using Xsorb for anything food

Yeah the blue bags we used cases of it. The red/orange honestly I have not noticed(not shocking) but the stuff in the kits is not just general spills. Tile vacuum? What is this witch craft I am hearing about. Never seen that thing..

Yeah the blue bags we used cases of it. The red/orange honestly I have not noticed(not shocking) but the stuff in the kits is not just general spills. Tile vacuum? What is this witch craft I am hearing about. Never seen that thing..
It looks like the generic machines your housekeeping peeps or PML use but it’s a lot smaller. It’s essentially a shop vac with a squeegee in the front for picking up spills but it has a filter if you want to detach the hose and vacuum up anything with it. You should have also got a red, similar looking one used for cleaning the dairy coolers but is also awesome for spills. It has a wand with a squeegee and a power washer to spray the tile in the coolers then scrub and suck it all
Up.
The picture I attached is the closest thing I could find online but it’s only purpose is to suck up liquids and fast

Attachments

• 091B625C-1D8B-401E-91FE-C9D683B6FC7D.jpeg
    091B625C-1D8B-401E-91FE-C9D683B6FC7D.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 3
It looks like the generic machines your housekeeping peeps or PML use but it’s a lot smaller. It’s essentially a shop vac with a squeegee in the front for picking up spills but it has a filter if you want to detach the hose and vacuum up anything with it. You should have also got a red, similar looking one used for cleaning the dairy coolers but is also awesome for spills. It has a wand with a squeegee and a power washer to spray the tile in the coolers then scrub and suck it all
Up.
The picture I attached is the closest thing I could find online but it’s only purpose is to suck up liquids and fast

That sucker I have not seen, the big boy that the cleaning crew uses we borrow with driver cause they are there during the day, like when our coolers all decided to barf water for an entire weekend. If there is one in the dairy cooler they should have broke that bitch out for the milk disaster. But I try to stay out of the coolers unless I have to go in there. The freezer is for screaming some days.

Back