Archived Target's Huddles are a ridiculous waste of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Target waste their employee's time twice a day with team huddles?

No one cares.

I just listened to a huddle this morning where the LOD talked about yesterday's sales, today's sales goal, red cards, and other financial numbers.

Why does Target think part-time employees, seasonal employees, or any employee not in management cares about any of those numbers?

Why does Target think people care?

I was a seasonal part-time employee working the opening shift on a Saturday morning and I could not care less what the store sells in a day or if the store makes the sales goal. The store's sales does not impact the way I do my job at all.

I do not want a career in Target or even to work for Target after the holiday season is over. My employment is strictly for the holiday season.

Target should end the useless team huddles.

The sales goal directly impacts the way you work, or rather, how much you work.

If the store doesn't make the sales goals, the ETL-HR has to cut peoples' hours, and as a seasonal hire, who do you think is the first person who will lose out?

The sales goal directly impacts the way you work, or rather, how much you work.

If the store doesn't make the sales goals, the ETL-HR has to cut peoples' hours, and as a seasonal hire, who do you think is the first person who will lose out?

Exactly

The sales numbers allow you to know how the store is doing. We have a lot of team members with two jobs and knowing our sales numbers helps them to plan ahead if they should get more hours at their other job.

We also take time to recognize the hard work team members do that maybe goes unnotticed.

I mean you are getting paid to stand or sit and probably dont have to say anything. What a silly thing to complain about.

Now I will admit Smart Huddles are dumb bc its another word for lets finish the job for someone who didnt get their work done but the actual huddle is pretty nice.

Last edited:
As a seasonal employee the huddles are a chance for you to get a feeling for how the store runs and the general dynamics.
And to to be honest it is one place where you can pick up some point if you want to stay on later.

When they talk about recognizing people, that is a chance for you to speak up and mention a TM who helped you and that shows you are part of the Target team.
When they are talking about sales, listen to the departments that are selling heavily, maybe they need people and you can transfer over.
If it is a smart huddle bust your ass so they can see you.

The one thing I enjoy about huddles is that I get a chance to chat with other team members and network with my higher ups and coworkers. That said, it's always a pain to spend an hour somewhere other than my department, especially since I get more phone calls and callboxes.

Unless the huddle is in toys. That I like.

What a strange post.

A seasonal hire who has no interest in working at Target joins a Target message board to express frustration over a process they can't possibly understand/appreciate this early in to their time with the company.

...makes sense.

My store is super inconsistent with huddles. Closing shifts normally get them but huddles for openers are rare.

I like them. I love having as much information as possible about everything, so I love hearing all the numbers and updates (although that almost never happens at huddles I go to) I love having a excuse to take a breather and not feel bad about it. It can be a momentum killer, but sometimes it's just what I need to help break up a rough task.

This time of year, we use huddles to explain what the emergency codes are to the new tms. In the past we have tm call code red when they see blood etc. Also we explain they toy of the day, we can see how many people and what departments have coverage and where we need to listen for the call boxes, along with how we are doing with sales goals etc.

We get complaints for having too many huddles, and then for not having them if we skip them, lol. Because the openers are usually the same people, we have started having huddle
every other day in the morning. At night, depends on the LOD.

A long time ago, we had legit 30-45 minute huddles going over all sorts of topics. Massive waste of time for any workcenter, especially logistics.

I'd be happy if they just didn't call it a huddle. The "morning meeting" or some such shit...

I love early morning huddles because it really just adds another 10 minutes to our first fifteen. We go over information that really only affects flow/br which is fine with me.

A long time ago, we had legit 30-45 minute huddles going over all sorts of topics. Massive waste of time for any workcenter, especially logistics.

Definitely I think a reasonable huddle is 5 to 10 minutes. We had one like that over active shooter, people asking dumb questions like "Should we lock up merchandise?"

No, GTFO and run for your life.

Definitely I think a reasonable huddle is 5 to 10 minutes. We had one like that over active shooter, people asking dumb questions like "Should we lock up merchandise?"

No, GTFO and run for your life.

Im running far far away if I see someone with a gun. Ill even leave the til open and take the termination. Im not dying because I had to make sure I secured the till or merchandise.

Im running far far away if I see someone with a gun. Ill even leave the til open and take the termination. Im not dying because I had to make sure I secured the till or merchandise.
Pretty sure this is what you're supposed to do in a person with a gun situation. Doubt you'd be fired for that given a potential wrongful termination lawsuit.

I work overnight; we have our huddle right before lunch break. It's not too bad. It takes 5 - 10 minutes, the info given is useful about half the time, and it's always nice when they recognize people for working hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back