/wave

Usiris

Greenfield Dev
Hey all,

I've been in a few threads and lurking a bit, but thought I would introduce my self formally.

My official title is Sr. Engineer, but my actual day to day tasks are far from what my title suggest. I oversee design (on the U.S side) and engineering (both U.S and Target India) of the mobile version of a project called Greenfield. I'm also working on creating a working standard for User Interface Engineering and User Interface Design for Data Sciences. Outside of those, I do a bit of R&D on the Greenfield platform.'

I worked in a store for about 6 years (07-13), mostly as a hard lines team members, but it eventually turned into a whatevers needed position. I've been at corp for ~3 years as a full time team members, I was a contractor for about 6 months before that and did another 6 month stint as a contractor at the start of my career.

Before going further, while I may work at corporate, I in no way am representing anyone or anything other than myself. I may be looking for feedback on Greenfield, but it is entirely of my own accord.

Outside of the office; I try to go rock climbing once or twice a week, its a pretty fun workout alternative to a traditional gym.

I'm trying to make it to as many UNESCO sites and all of the New 7 Wonders (Colosseum and Taj Mahal down, Petra and the Pyramids on dock for next year). I like to think I'm a travel photographer, but that isnt working out to well; its mostly just an excuse.

I'm working on starting my own company. Its just a comic and card shop, but I like to think I have a unique spin on things. I've been saying for awhile that programming is one of the best skills someone can learn; I utilize my skill set to create a suite of programs that can 1. look at the price of a box of say Magic the Gathering cards to determine if its profitable 2. I can hit a button on my phone and reprice all my inventory across all the websites I'm selling on 3. Determine the profitability of a comic 4. Keep track of all book keeping. Basically automate everything to the point where the only thing I do is see what sold, pack it, send it. Its something I find fun, it combines tech, innovative thinking, product management.

Anyway, thats me :)

Last edited:
original.gif

Welcome-Aboard-Devid-Tennant-On-Doctor-Who.gif

Welcome to the board.

Oh boy, I can give you an earful about how PML Greenfield VPD stats are absolute garbage but that’s not your fault. Do you know if there’s a fix for keeping store number filters set to default with the new chrome boxes?

Also a Sr. Engineer here! Less software dev and more SRE/infrastructure. And not for Target.

Back