Archived Ways to boost morale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice that someone is even thinking about this kind of thing. 4th qtr unload and flow have been pretty rough with this modernization crap.
Food is always good; working flow means working up an appetite.
All the "I appreciate you" lines get old. For one thing, "talk is cheap." But hearing the same line doesn't really mean anything after a while. Tell me that you appreciate that I got a huge amount of push done in my area, or that you overheard me providing great guest service, or you have an extra hour or so to give me so I can get caught up on back stocking.
What would be super-duper world-shatteringly awesome would be to tell me that you've talked to the DC about how they pack and label the repack boxes AND they've agreed to do a better job at it. That would be a huge morale booster. But that's only a dream, so we're back to food. And the flow team at my store always likes food.

Nice that someone is even thinking about this kind of thing. 4th qtr unload and flow have been pretty rough with this modernization crap.
Food is always good; working flow means working up an appetite.
All the "I appreciate you" lines get old. For one thing, "talk is cheap." But hearing the same line doesn't really mean anything after a while. Tell me that you appreciate that I got a huge amount of push done in my area, or that you overheard me providing great guest service, or you have an extra hour or so to give me so I can get caught up on back stocking.
What would be super-duper world-shatteringly awesome would be to tell me that you've talked to the DC about how they pack and label the repack boxes AND they've agreed to do a better job at it. That would be a huge morale booster. But that's only a dream, so we're back to food. And the flow team at my store always likes food.

Yeah, I'd settle for properly sorted repacks and some requisitioned Christmas candy.

As an ETL or TL, just be honest when you talk to team members.

I agree with a simple and honest thank you. Of course, goodies, snacks and money also help ;) but just being recognized is an ego boost.
I decided to make a bunch of cookies and putting them in cute tins or boxes for everyone for Christmas. I'll regret it later when I'm sleep deprived, but oh well...and I was thinking about sneaking some tiny booze bottles in the ones for my hardest working fellow TMs over 21, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back