Archived We got our first pieces of Christmas merch on the truck today

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's never officially the holidays yet until the time honored tradition of the airing of the Lexus December to Remember Sales Event commercial, wherein rich people give their kids a shiny new Lexus parked in the driveway with a big bow on it. THEN, and ONLY THEN, is it the holidays.

BUT, that said, I will still run screaming when I see that first unmistakably-Christmas item show up, be it September or November.

wtf, and Halloween hasn't even set yet, it will set later this week

Our Halloween was just starting to be set the last time I worked on the floor last Thursday. My husband works at Lowes on the weekends and said they've started getting their Christmas stuff in already.

Our Halloween was just starting to be set the last time I worked on the floor last Thursday. My husband works at Lowes on the weekends and said they've started getting their Christmas stuff in already.

The Halloween candy section is all set in my store, shippers are set and theres 2 isles of kid and dog costumes (and more to come) as well as some end caps with Halloween napkins, paper plates, forks etc, greeting cards and all. ITS HERE!!! THE 4TH QUARTER OF HELL! :cray::help:

One(?) word still Ss fear into me, and I know I will see it soon: "Trim-A-Tree" AAAAAaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

That being said, I walked past a Christmas ornament display in the signing steel while dragging a pallet with both Turkey frying oil and Halloween candy on it. Sooo, it's all the same to me until the backroom falls apart under the pressure. At which point I mentally check-out for the year, and resume in early January.

We got 13 pallets of trim-a-tree the other day. Turned that s*** right around and sent it to the offsite to rot for a couple of weeks!

At Starbux, they launched pumpkin spice a month earlier.
Everyone was SO excited.....until we ran out.
This Q4 is gonna suck.
I'm gonna hide in the walk-in 'til it's over.

We have a section of Christmas lights and decorations up already on the wall behind where all the Halloween stuff is. I am not looking forward to when the rest of it comes.

We've been putting the Christmas lights out at Wally World too. It doesn't matter how long I've worked in retail because it's always a downer when I see those.
One of my coworkers had to start stocking 12 pallets of Christmas Monday night in the aisles that were set.

It was nice that all the Christmas transition was for the same aisle. Of course there was other transition, but at least all the greens went together. That does not mean they were able to palletize it off the truck though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back