Archived We just had the worst unload in Target History

Status
Not open for further replies.
3000 piece truck. 6:00am flow

2omins into the unload an uneven box slides off a stack of those lawns chairs that are weirdly stacked on a pallet. The box was like 15lb, takes out one of the throwers, right in the side of the head. Ok, so he hops off, and our TL hops on. The other thrower jumps off to take out a pallet and while he's doing that, thanks to DC, there was a box of bleach near the top of the truck. It slides of, busted wide open and some gets in the eye of the scanner and on her clothes. Our TL went to pick up the case and slips. The guy who jumped off to get the pallet comes back on the truck not knowing what happen. He has allergies so he didn't noticed the bleach, and he starts breathing it in. It's very potent since it in the trailer, so his eyes turn red and he starts coughing uncontrollably. ETL came in and put a whole stop to the process. So in the span of two minutes, the entire unload team was taken out including a TL. Plus the smell of potent bleach in receiving. It took three hours to air the truck in which they tried to continue the process with the store open which was a disaster.

All that cause the flows team morale to go down so everyone worked slower and nothing got done. What a day

Holy shit lol. That quite possibly IS the worst unload! D: what a nightmare.

And that is how your store just became a red safety focus store.... Your AP store leader is going to die when they catch wind of this haha
Is APETL the one in charge of Safety? We didn't even have eye wash, it was hidden behind where the bikes are assembled

I'm sorry to hear that man I hope everybody's okay.

And that is how your store just became a red safety focus store.... Your AP store leader is going to die when they catch wind of this haha
Is APETL the one in charge of Safety? We didn't even have eye wash, it was hidden behind where the bikes are assembled

Yes the ETL-AP or the APTL, depending on your store's staffing model, is the store safety captain. I believe on the back room safety observation card there is a question asking if there is a clear path to the eye wash stations. I would take a look at this months cards posted on a board in TSC.

We have one in our ambient room and one in recieving by the bikes. Only ones I know of. Opposite sides of the store, both quite far from the front end, so if I ever accidentally spray myself in the eyes with bleach it's gonna be a bad day.

There should be one at food ave and/or Starbucks at the hand washing sink.

Our SFT was required to toss all disposable eyewash bottles several years ago. Now all I'm aware of is the an eyewash sink station in a back corner of Cafe storage area.

hope everyone is ok and you called the hotline, i believe alert one and told the of the chemical spill.

I'm sure AP will review everthing on camera, it would be intersting to watch this one.

I think that the whole trailer should have been shut and what was left on the truck taken away and disposed of properly.

SAFETY FIRST is what we are trained every single day in our store.

hope everyone is ok and you called the hotline, i believe alert one and told the of the chemical spill.

I'm sure AP will review everthing on camera, it would be intersting to watch this one.

I think that the whole trailer should have been shut and what was left on the truck taken away and disposed of properly.

SAFETY FIRST is what we are trained every single day in our store.

Safety first so long as it does not impact the time lines. AP will review for liability issues…

Yes the ETL-AP or the APTL, depending on your store's staffing model, is the store safety captain. I believe on the back room safety observation card there is a question asking if there is a clear path to the eye wash stations. I would take a look at this months cards posted on a board in TSC.

Common sense would dictate that eye wash & any other products needed in an emergency should be located near every area that that type of emergency is likely to happen. Close to the truck line & especially near the aisles where chemicals are stored!

What good does an eyewash do in the far side of a store when somebody's eyes are being burned out of their sockets?

We have one in our ambient room and one in recieving by the bikes. Only ones I know of. Opposite sides of the store, both quite far from the front end, so if I ever accidentally spray myself in the eyes with bleach it's gonna be a bad day.

OH NOW I KNOW WHERE IT IS YES MINE IS IN THE AMBIENT ROOM TOO.

I never go in the coolers, freezers, or ambient room. I don't do market.

That kind of reads like a slapstick comedy. Like, if the three stooges were unloading your trailer, this is what would happen. Don't take offense, but I lol'd. With that being said, I've never worked at a DC so I'm not sure his they build their trailers, but depending on the day, there's a good chance you will be slapped in the face by a box falling from nowhere. It seems like one of those issues that's complained about, but no one will care until a team member is gravely injured while unloading.

I hope that your team is ok. Did either your TL or ETL do a trailer feedback form and attach any pictures that may have been taken? I've been doing those more and more lately because the trailer is not being loaded safely.
We have actually done this a few times. Nothing really gets done though. Like sometimes, we'll have a patio set or desk stacked on top of everything else. DC also likes to put heavy shit on top of the mirrors so they're always broke when they need to get pushed.

Honestly, if the truck just spontaneously combust, I wouldn't be surprised.

Common sense would dictate that eye wash & any other products needed in an emergency should be located near every area that that type of emergency is likely to happen. Close to the truck line & especially near the aisles where chemicals are stored!

What good does an eyewash do in the far side of a store when somebody's eyes are being burned out of their sockets?

Our eyewash station is LITERALLY 2 feet from the unload door in receiving haha.

We have actually done this a few times. Nothing really gets done though. Like sometimes, we'll have a patio set or desk stacked on top of everything else. DC also likes to put heavy shit on top of the mirrors so they're always broke when they need to get pushed.

Honestly, if the truck just spontaneously combust, I wouldn't be surprised.

I have some great C+S stories..

Just the other day...always a sunday...because sunday is hell day for C+S unload, every...single...time.....since we always seem to be the very first stop and hardly anyone is there on sunday.

Our produce pallet was on top of another stores bananas and our bananas were under another stores produce....had to waste time seperating them when they could of just sent it all on one pallet if they REALLY needed to do that, usually they are 2 seperate pallets...sigh.

Or the truck that actually did have our Bananas underneath the produce pallet so we had to get the crown and lift it up to be able to get a temp of the bananas. Alot of the stuff that comes in with the Banana pallet was crushed, tomatoes mainly.

Or the time when the opposite happened and our bananas were on top of produce and smashed a ton of stuff....such fun!!!

Or the multiple times when they stack the pallets so high you cant even get them out of the truck and have to take a few pieces off to clear the trailer.

Or the time when the back pallets right before freezer are tilted over and look like they will crumble and some have onto another pallet. A few boxes here and there.

Or the times when they load everything but 1 pallet on one side and the one pallet that isnt on our side in the very last pallet right before freezer meaning we have to move around the entire side almost just to get one pallet when they could of just stacked it all on one side to begin with.

Our eyewash station is LITERALLY 2 feet from the unload door in receiving haha.
Our eyewash station is right there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back