Archived Week #1 VMTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird, I'm VML, but my ETL said that I was NOT responsible for doing the end-caps, it is someone in Hardlines. It doesn't really make sense to me, I think VML should be responsible for ALL VISUAL in the store.To me VML should be an executive position...
Executive positions come with LOD shifts. You wouldn't be able to spend all your time merchandising.

Me Too! I just finished all my training and simply jumped right into the work, don't really use all those VA/ dogs I walk around the store and isolate areas that are drab, boring or can be vamped up and I do it, try mixing non-conventional things into the displays. Target brought us in to get a fresh perspective on style, I wouldn't pay too much attention to all that planogram crap. They wouldn't have created a new position to keep doing things the same old same old ways. Also try coming up with new cool style initiatives for YOUR store, talk about them with your manager, how can you bring more style to your target... Have fun with it, it is a fun job!
Just FYI, all that planogram crap you don't pay attention to, takes a lot of work. The planogram is the heartbeat of the entire store, in my opinion; why else would headquarters send stacks and stacks of pogs and boxes of labels each and every week? I take a lot of pride in downloading an entire aisle and making it look absolutely beautiful. The worst part is what it looks like two weeks out from then

Me Too! I just finished all my training and simply jumped right into the work, don't really use all those VA/ dogs I walk around the store and isolate areas that are drab, boring or can be vamped up and I do it, try mixing non-conventional things into the displays. Target brought us in to get a fresh perspective on style, I wouldn't pay too much attention to all that planogram crap. They wouldn't have created a new position to keep doing things the same old same old ways. Also try coming up with new cool style initiatives for YOUR store, talk about them with your manager, how can you bring more style to your target... Have fun with it, it is a fun job!

Everyone else in the store is required to set to planogram and the VA, so if you just walk around mixing brands in softlines on a rack because it looks good together, chances are youre going to piss someone off and they will change it back. You need to learn to read POGS and VAs and what they mean to target and then integrate your ideas following those guidelines..

Everyone else in the store is required to set to planogram and the VA, so if you just walk around mixing brands in softlines on a rack because it looks good together, chances are youre going to piss someone off and they will change it back. You need to learn to read POGS and VAs and what they mean to target and then integrate your ideas following those guidelines..
Who said I was just walking around mixing random stuff together like I'm a drunk or something, I get all that P.O.G. /V.A. stuff. It's pretty basic.

Who said I was just walking around mixing random stuff together like I'm a drunk or something, I get all that P.O.G. /V.A. stuff. It's pretty basic.

You said and I quote "I don't really use the Va, POGs " and "don't really pay attention to that pog crap". You also said you isolate areas that are drab and do something with it. Well, the message that you are portraying is that you will walk up to an endcap of throw pillows or a trend run because they look dumb and take them down and make whatever kind of presentation you want. That is only acceptable if the end cap is discontinued or the aisle is MPG and even then you still need to keep whatever you took down on the floor because it is going to go clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back