Weekly Action Update things to know

NoTasking

Home TL
Weekly Action Update things that pertain to all of us

Hey y’all,

A couple big things are coming up in the next few weeks you should know about! This info is brand new so your leaders may not have answers to questions just yet. This week’s Action Update has two things that will shake things up for us (both imo in a positive way).

1. New Sick Pay program for all hourly employees. TMs will accrue 1 hour of sick time for every 52 hours worked (i.e. 40 hours accrued over the course of one year if working full time)

2. July 12 TM Handbook is updated and includes…….the addition of SHORTS being in dress code for ALL TMs!

Neither of these has taken effect yet, but these changes are coming!

Weekly Action Update things that pertain to all of us

Hey y’all,

A couple big things are coming up in the next few weeks you should know about! This info is brand new so your leaders may not have answers to questions just yet. This week’s Action Update has two things that will shake things up for us (both imo in a positive way).

1. New Sick Pay program for all hourly employees. TMs will accrue 1 hour of sick time for every 52 hours worked (i.e. 40 hours accrued over the course of one year if working full time)

2. July 12 TM Handbook is updated and includes…….the addition of SHORTS being in dress code for ALL TMs!

Neither of these has taken effect yet, but these changes are coming!
Some of my team members were discussing shorts today. Apparently the word is already out. I am on drive up so, I already wear shorts but, is great for when ask for drive up help.

STFU!!!! YOU JUST MADE MY FREAKIN' DAY!!!!
For years and years I have been commenting in the Best Team Survey that the one thing that would make Target a better place to work would be being allowed to wear shorts. I know it sounds dumb, but I get so damn hot and it ruins my mood.

I'm going to wear shorts tomorrow just to see if I get away with it.

I'm not at work until Monday so maybe one of you know: will be the new shorts policy explicitly state the length of the shorts? It'd be in pretty bad taste to allow shorts and not specify- booty shorts should be a hard NO.
In DCs the shorts rule is mid-thigh or longer, this doesn't seem to be enforced, but we aren't customer facing employees either.

I'm not at work until Monday so maybe one of you know: will be the new shorts policy explicitly state the length of the shorts? It'd be in pretty bad taste to allow shorts and not specify- booty shorts should be a hard NO.
Booty shorts should be a hard no. However 2 female drive up tms wear them, short and tight. Apparently no one cares in my store. BUT I bet with new policy that may change.

STFU!!!! YOU JUST MADE MY FREAKIN' DAY!!!!
For years and years I have been commenting in the Best Team Survey that the one thing that would make Target a better place to work would be being allowed to wear shorts. I know it sounds dumb, but I get so damn hot and it ruins my mood.

I'm going to wear shorts tomorrow just to see if I get away with it.
The new shorts policy doesn’t start till mid July.

Also to mention about the sick time it according to the pay and benefits page you need to average 19.5 hrs in order to qualify

I mean, maybe, but what difference does it make? I wore shorts today. ETL -HR was 100% cool with it, same with my ETL. So I'm rollin' with it.
I was cool. I felt free and nimble. I was happy as can be. The store was in terrible shape, but my mood was golden!
It's intensely warm and stuffy in our store. Several tms wore shorts today. The store smelled slightly better and the floors were less slippery from sweat beads . Everyone is happy.

Is this sick time going to be under the My Time Self Service?

Shorts are something Target changed that costs them nothing like when we didn't have to wear khaki pants anymore.
No. You will have to go through HR for that.

Anyone know if there are length or color requirements for the shorts? I haven't seen anything that says that yet.
We have been told to follow the same color requirements as those for pants/skirts/etc. and that the length should be no shorter than mid thigh (which was a relief to those tms with long arms since originally it was "fingertip length")

We have been told to follow the same color requirements as those for pants/skirts/etc. and that the length should be no shorter than mid thigh (which was a relief to those tms with long arms since originally it was "fingertip length")

Lol, well that's good to know as I have ridiculously long arms for my average height. 😆

Back