Weekly Action Update things to know

Our SD thinks their orange shirts are red. Nobody has the heart to call out the color blindness... plus it could fall under disability,
Orange, brown, very dark purple, pink, white with a thin red stripe, plaid with a tiny amount of red - it's all good at my store. And if you wear a red vest, you can wear pretty much any shirt you want.
This is why I'm a little worried about the shorts thing.

In Chicago, we've been getting one hour of sick leave for every 40 hours worked, up to 40 hours in a 12-month period, starting in 2017. We don't have to fill out a form, we just tell HR to put in sick hours. We also have what's called a Fair Work Week to protect us from schedule changes without notice.

thumbnailimagefww.png

In Chicago, we've been getting one hour of sick leave for every 40 hours worked, up to 40 hours in a 12-month period, starting in 2017. We don't have to fill out a form, we just tell HR to put in sick hours. We also have what's called a Fair Work Week to protect us from schedule changes without notice.

View attachment 15068
Is this only if it's the Employer that forces the change? How does stuff like that work if you get offered to stay late/extend your shift day of?

Is this only if it's the Employer that forces the change? How does stuff like that work if you get offered to stay late/extend your shift day of?
We have a log with our signatures agreeing to any shift change. That's as far as I know. Not sure what H.R. has to do on their side. I do know there's a number we are supposed to call if they change our schedule without notice, and I'm not sure how long or what the next steps to that process are after we call and file a complaint.

Back