Weekly Action Update things to know

yeah, this Oct, will be my 7th year, and I may call out maybe twice a year at best...so I've got quite a bit. I'm still not understanding what the new policy is tho...is it better than it was? In almost 7 years, I've probably called out maybe 10 times total...maybe 12...and I have like 180 atm. 1 for every 52 seems worse than it was....but as I said, I rarely use it so I don't pay attention to it. I really should call out more haha...I'm in PA.
Considering we previously got 0, yes. yes, it is better than it was.

As others have said, the new policy won’t affect people who already get sick hours based on local laws. This policy only affects the people who don’t work in an area that mandates sick hours. You’ll keep the same policies that you have because they’re likely better than what Target is offering the rest of us.
ahhh ok yes...we already got sick time....e.g., if we called out sick/absent, we could get paid if we had sick time available. Not sure what rate we accrue it at tho...

I have like 180 sick hours...how is this new policy different? Does this vary by state? When I call in now, all I have to do is ask an HR-TM to put in sick hours for me...no hoops. Is the accrual rate different? annual earning cap changed?
I would be taking some mental health days with those hours.

Booty shorts should be mandatory for men.

I can't say I am surprised you think so. 😆😉 To each their own- I've certainly enjoyed the eye candy myself a time or two....or several so I can't judge much. But I really don't want to see it on my co-workers, none of them are hot enough to pull it off!

As others have said, the new policy won’t affect people who already get sick hours based on local laws. This policy only affects the people who don’t work in an area that mandates sick hours. You’ll keep the same policies that you have because they’re likely better than what Target is offering the rest of us.
Our HR-ETL told someone that used to the Mytime to call out sick that they still had to call the store.

That is what the app is for and screen shots are your friend!

Just a vague and open to interpretation "mid-thigh."
yikes, because there's always someone that's going to push the envelope. I know there will be TMs that will wear what they already have at home instead of what is required. (my store won't even tell people that they're wearing the wrong type of shirt.)

Booty shorts should be mandatory for men.
Oh ... no, please just no. There's one TM at my store who takes the droopy drawers look to an extreme. Not sure what would be covered if he wore booty shorts.
(my store won't even tell people that they're wearing the wrong type of shirt.)
Same. Which is why I'm a little worried about the shorts. At least I'm in a state where the weather is cold in the winter so it'll be only a partial-year problem.
We had a TM who was finally let go a while ago who wore cut-off jeans that kept getting shorter as he trimmed off the dangling threads. (Not let go because of the cut-offs - he was careless with the cart pusher, would let lines pile up while he chatted endlessly with guests on his lane, had boundary issues. Surprised he lasted as long as he did.) Back to the cut-offs - don't think they ever got higher than mid-thigh but that was bad enough. And I'm pretty sure the dress code doesn't allow for cut-offs anyway. This shows how lax my store is about it.

I brought up the new dress code thing with my HR ETL, and she said it wasn't true. She said it's for a specific department, and that they're waiting for the new handbook for more information before they pass it on to us.

I get that they want to wait for the specifics before telling us, but she didn't have to lie like that. The communication clearly said all TMs can wear shorts lol. She had a nasty attitude about it too when I brought it up.

I brought up the new dress code thing with my HR ETL, and she said it wasn't true. She said it's for a specific department, and that they're waiting for the new handbook for more information before they pass it on to us.

I get that they want to wait for the specifics before telling us, but she didn't have to lie like that. The communication clearly said all TMs can wear shorts lol. She had a nasty attitude about it too when I brought it up.
I literally don’t understand the attitude. Your TMs can now be a bit comfortable while we sweat to death.

I literally don’t understand the attitude. Your TMs can now be a bit comfortable while we sweat to death.
And I was very non-confrontational about it too, I was just like "oh ok, got it" even though I knew she was wrong. I hate getting into arguments with people. She'll find out eventually. If not, I'm still wearing shorts July 12 whether we get the go-ahead at the store level or not.

And I was very non-confrontational about it too, I was just like "oh ok, got it" even though I knew she was wrong. I hate getting into arguments with people. She'll find out eventually. If not, I'm still wearing shorts July 12 whether we get the go-ahead at the store level or not.
it’s actually really funny that I, a regular generic TM, knew more about literally anything target related than ANY etl in my store. maybe except my SD

The "solid color (preferably kakhi or denim)" is too ambiguous. SD said didn't want the Grey cargo shorts I wore and they needed to be kakhi/tan/beige.

I was looking at My Time Self Service and it said it was changing soon.

Does that mean PTO AND Sick Pay Requests will go through the My Time App now?

At least at my store there is no electronic trail for Sick Pay requests besides a note to my HR-ETL.

I got pissed the last time because my Sick Pay wasn't added even though the HR-ETL had it the THURSDAY BEFORE the Monday cutoff date.

I did get it three weeks later.

The "solid color (preferably kakhi or denim)" is too ambiguous. SD said didn't want the Grey cargo shorts I wore and they needed to be kakhi/tan/beige.
I completely agree. Just say khaki or denim. Why leave it up to the individual SDs? It creates unnecessary conflict. I would think an SD would/should have better things to do than set dress code requirements.

Our SD thinks their orange shirts are red. Nobody has the heart to call out the color blindness... plus it could fall under disability,

Same issue is it at our store, HR team is basically acting like it’s not true…

Back